Fundraiser launched to save Hackney community choir
- Credit: Archant
A community choir needs funding if it is to carry on performing.
The group, which meets at St Joseph’s Hospice in Mare Street, is pleading for £2,000 in donations so it can hire transport to and from its concerts, purchase new instruments and pay choir director and founder Gina Fergione, who can no longer afford to keep giving up her time voluntarily.
Gina founded the choir seven years ago and commits her Thursday nights every week to run it and organise events as well.
The group said: “Many of us have been attending the choir for a number of years. The choir has provided a welcoming refuge after a busy or stressful week.
“We sing our hearts out with a variety of different styles of music to allow our burdens of health or emotional issues to lighten.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir, which meets every Thursday from 7.30pm to 9pm, is also on the lookout for new members to join.
Donate to the fundraiser at bit.ly/hospicechoir.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared