Fundraiser launched to save Hackney community choir
- Credit: Archant
A community choir needs funding if it is to carry on performing.
The group, which meets at St Joseph’s Hospice in Mare Street, is pleading for £2,000 in donations so it can hire transport to and from its concerts, purchase new instruments and pay choir director and founder Gina Fergione, who can no longer afford to keep giving up her time voluntarily.
Gina founded the choir seven years ago and commits her Thursday nights every week to run it and organise events as well.
The group said: “Many of us have been attending the choir for a number of years. The choir has provided a welcoming refuge after a busy or stressful week.
“We sing our hearts out with a variety of different styles of music to allow our burdens of health or emotional issues to lighten.”
You may also want to watch:
The choir, which meets every Thursday from 7.30pm to 9pm, is also on the lookout for new members to join.
Donate to the fundraiser at bit.ly/hospicechoir.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney