Eight motorbikes destroyed after severe garage blaze in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters dealt with a severe garage blaze in Hackney last night (May 19).
Two adjoining garages were destroyed by the fire on Maury Road and eight motorbikes were badly damaged.
Emergency calls made to the London Fire Brigade (LFB) control centre reported the visible blaze and fire crews worked hard to stop the fire from spreading to surrounding properties.
A gas cylinder was found inside the garage. It was cooled and removed as the LFB says some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
The brigade was called at 10.59pm and the fire was under control by about 12.30am.
Firefighters from Stoke Newington and Homerton fire stations were at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex