GCSE results 2017: The Bridge Academy students set for ‘bright future’
- Credit: Archant
The Bridge Academy students are set for a “bright future” after receiving their GCSE results this morning.
One of the stars of the show was Masuma Hadi, who achieved an 8 in maths and English literature, 7 in English language, A*s in chemistry, biology and physics and As in French, geography and history.
Masuma’s mother, Monwara Dorasat, said: “I am so happy that my daughter has achieved top grades while attending a school in Hackney, which is often publicised as being one of the worst boroughs.
A third of all results achieved by students at the Laburnum Street school were A* or A, with principal Chris Brown saying he is “immensely proud of them”.
Mr Brown said: “The students worked incredibly hard to fulfil their potential and have risen to the challenge of the new examination specifications.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to pay tribute to the hard work and dedication of The Bridge Academy staff – congratulations to all involved.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney