GCSE results 2017: The Bridge Academy students set for ‘bright future’
- Credit: Archant
The Bridge Academy students are set for a “bright future” after receiving their GCSE results this morning.
One of the stars of the show was Masuma Hadi, who achieved an 8 in maths and English literature, 7 in English language, A*s in chemistry, biology and physics and As in French, geography and history.
Masuma’s mother, Monwara Dorasat, said: “I am so happy that my daughter has achieved top grades while attending a school in Hackney, which is often publicised as being one of the worst boroughs.
A third of all results achieved by students at the Laburnum Street school were A* or A, with principal Chris Brown saying he is “immensely proud of them”.
Mr Brown said: “The students worked incredibly hard to fulfil their potential and have risen to the challenge of the new examination specifications.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to pay tribute to the hard work and dedication of The Bridge Academy staff – congratulations to all involved.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop