GCSE results 2017: The Bridge Academy students set for ‘bright future’
- Credit: Archant
The Bridge Academy students are set for a “bright future” after receiving their GCSE results this morning.
One of the stars of the show was Masuma Hadi, who achieved an 8 in maths and English literature, 7 in English language, A*s in chemistry, biology and physics and As in French, geography and history.
Masuma’s mother, Monwara Dorasat, said: “I am so happy that my daughter has achieved top grades while attending a school in Hackney, which is often publicised as being one of the worst boroughs.
A third of all results achieved by students at the Laburnum Street school were A* or A, with principal Chris Brown saying he is “immensely proud of them”.
Mr Brown said: “The students worked incredibly hard to fulfil their potential and have risen to the challenge of the new examination specifications.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to pay tribute to the hard work and dedication of The Bridge Academy staff – congratulations to all involved.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside