GCSE results: Bridge Academy bucks national trend with best ever set of grades
- Credit: If you have not been credited to this image, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. List the reference number, your name or company name and we will place this in the credit area. Thank you
Students and staff at the Bridge Academy were celebrating today after achieving their best ever set of GCSE results.
An impressive 30 per cent of exams were graded A* to A, while 67pc of students achieved between an A* and C grade in English and maths.
Chris Brown, principal at the school, praised the students for all their hard work.
“This is a wonderful set of results,” he said.
“Our students have worked extremely hard this year and it is fantastic to see them so richly rewarded - I would like to congratulate them all on their amazing achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to pay tribute to the Bridge Academy staff, whose commitment to getting the best from every student is truly remarkable.”
Nationally, the picture is different – the proportion of exams graded A* to C has dropped from 69pc to 66.9pc, its lowest since 2008.
For more GCSE stories and analysis from the Gazette, click here.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing