GCSE results: Bridge Academy bucks national trend with best ever set of grades
- Credit: If you have not been credited to this image, please email email@example.com. List the reference number, your name or company name and we will place this in the credit area. Thank you
Students and staff at the Bridge Academy were celebrating today after achieving their best ever set of GCSE results.
An impressive 30 per cent of exams were graded A* to A, while 67pc of students achieved between an A* and C grade in English and maths.
Chris Brown, principal at the school, praised the students for all their hard work.
“This is a wonderful set of results,” he said.
“Our students have worked extremely hard this year and it is fantastic to see them so richly rewarded - I would like to congratulate them all on their amazing achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to pay tribute to the Bridge Academy staff, whose commitment to getting the best from every student is truly remarkable.”
Nationally, the picture is different – the proportion of exams graded A* to C has dropped from 69pc to 66.9pc, its lowest since 2008.
For more GCSE stories and analysis from the Gazette, click here.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 8 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin