GCSE results: Cardinal Pole achievements rise higher than last year
- Credit: Archant
Headteacher of Cardinal Pole Catholic School expressed her joy this morning at the extraordinary successes of her GCSE students.
The school had an overall pass rate of 84 per cent 5 A* to C results and additional results were still being collated.
Ms Jane Herffnan said: “The rate represents an increase from last year. We are particularly pleased that we have exceeded the national figures for maths, with 76 per cent of our pupils achieving a grade C or above.
The students are really pleased and there has been great excitement in the school today.”
Many students secured stellar results, including Olamide Duyile and Chikadibia Onuba who both secured 7A* and 2A grades at GCSE and Tomi Adaramola who secured 5A* and 3 A grades.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Heffernan added: “Such excellent results are the outcome of hard work by staff and students and the continued support of our parents and school community.
“I am delighted that these efforts have been rewarded and am very proud that our exceptional success last week with our A Level results has continued with these GCSE results.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney