GCSE results: Cardinal Pole achievements rise higher than last year
- Credit: Archant
Headteacher of Cardinal Pole Catholic School expressed her joy this morning at the extraordinary successes of her GCSE students.
The school had an overall pass rate of 84 per cent 5 A* to C results and additional results were still being collated.
Ms Jane Herffnan said: “The rate represents an increase from last year. We are particularly pleased that we have exceeded the national figures for maths, with 76 per cent of our pupils achieving a grade C or above.
The students are really pleased and there has been great excitement in the school today.”
Many students secured stellar results, including Olamide Duyile and Chikadibia Onuba who both secured 7A* and 2A grades at GCSE and Tomi Adaramola who secured 5A* and 3 A grades.
Ms Heffernan added: “Such excellent results are the outcome of hard work by staff and students and the continued support of our parents and school community.
“I am delighted that these efforts have been rewarded and am very proud that our exceptional success last week with our A Level results has continued with these GCSE results.”
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life