GCSE results: Cardinal Pole achievements rise higher than last year
- Credit: Archant
Headteacher of Cardinal Pole Catholic School expressed her joy this morning at the extraordinary successes of her GCSE students.
The school had an overall pass rate of 84 per cent 5 A* to C results and additional results were still being collated.
Ms Jane Herffnan said: “The rate represents an increase from last year. We are particularly pleased that we have exceeded the national figures for maths, with 76 per cent of our pupils achieving a grade C or above.
The students are really pleased and there has been great excitement in the school today.”
Many students secured stellar results, including Olamide Duyile and Chikadibia Onuba who both secured 7A* and 2A grades at GCSE and Tomi Adaramola who secured 5A* and 3 A grades.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Heffernan added: “Such excellent results are the outcome of hard work by staff and students and the continued support of our parents and school community.
“I am delighted that these efforts have been rewarded and am very proud that our exceptional success last week with our A Level results has continued with these GCSE results.”
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 6 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness