GCSE results: Cardinal Pole achievements rise higher than last year
- Credit: Archant
Headteacher of Cardinal Pole Catholic School expressed her joy this morning at the extraordinary successes of her GCSE students.
The school had an overall pass rate of 84 per cent 5 A* to C results and additional results were still being collated.
Ms Jane Herffnan said: “The rate represents an increase from last year. We are particularly pleased that we have exceeded the national figures for maths, with 76 per cent of our pupils achieving a grade C or above.
The students are really pleased and there has been great excitement in the school today.”
Many students secured stellar results, including Olamide Duyile and Chikadibia Onuba who both secured 7A* and 2A grades at GCSE and Tomi Adaramola who secured 5A* and 3 A grades.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Heffernan added: “Such excellent results are the outcome of hard work by staff and students and the continued support of our parents and school community.
“I am delighted that these efforts have been rewarded and am very proud that our exceptional success last week with our A Level results has continued with these GCSE results.”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images