GCSE results: Clapton Girls’ Academy smash their record with best ever results
- Credit: Archant
Students at Clapton Girls’ Academy have smashed their record yet again, getting the school’s best ever GCSE exam results.
An impressive 74% of students achieved 5 or more A* to C grades including English and Maths, the highest yet at the academy with 21 girls gaining 10 or more A*/A grades.
Celebrations of individual achievements were rife this morning with many girls at the school in Laura Place shocked and pleased.
Malavya Ashok, 16, who achieved 6 A*s, 5As and 1B said: “I’m so amazed. I’m still trying to take it in but I’m really pleased all my hard work paid off.”
Laila Danesh, 16, of New North Road matched this achievement and said: “I feel great. I’ve decided on three of my A Levels, biology chemistry and geography. I’d like to thank all my teachers for always pushing me and wanting me to do my best.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor Pham, 16 of Overbury Street, achieved 4 A*s, 7 As and 1B.
She said: “l’m really surprised and happy. I didn’t think I would do that well. I am staying at the sixth form to do maths and psychology economics and biology. I really enjoy maths and that is what I want to do in the future.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
“I’m staying on at Clapton because the teachers are really encouraging and I find an all girls’ environment helps you concentrate.”
Bella Harter, 16 Eleanor Road got 10A*s and 2As and said: “I am really relieved. All over the summer I was sitting and waiting to find out.”
She will be studying for A levels in English literature maths, art and philosophy with the hope going to university to read English or fine arts.
Lizzy Diggins, 16, of Sigdon Road got 11A* and 1 A.
She said: “I feel very surprised and incredibly happy. I plan to go to sixth form to study English literature, history, physics and maths as I would like to get into journalism.”
Hajrah Anis, 16, Mildenhall Road, achieved 2 A*s, 7As and 1 B.
She said: “I’m very happy. I didn’t know what I would get and I thought at the end of exams that I hadn’t done enough.”
Headteacher Cheryl Day said, “I am absolutely delighted that once again Clapton Girls’ Academy has achieved fantastic results. The students and teachers work incredibly hard at Clapton and fully deserve their success.”