GCSE results: Haggerston School’s last all-girl year group top last year’s results
- Credit: Haggerston School
It was smiles all round today at Haggerston School as its first last all female cohort saw a slight improvement on last years results.
With changes to the way GCSEs are graded coming into force this year, 49 per cent of students got at least five A* to Cs, including English and Maths.
Headteacher Dr Jane Keeley put this down to the hard work and dedication of the school’s pupils.
She said: “These results show the impact of the students’ incredible efforts and commitment to their studies, the dedication of their teachers, and the crucial support of their families – well done to all.”
Two of the class of 2014’s brightest stars were celebrating 22 A*s and two As between them.
You may also want to watch:
Dottie MacDonald gained 10 A*s and two As, while Maya Eadie-Catling gained managed to get an A* in all 12 subjects.
These results mark an improvement in standards at the school with nearly half of the year group now meeting the government’s criteria for ‘outstanding’ progress in English and maths.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 8 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
The school in Weymouth Terrace became a mixed school in 2010.