Geeks’ Hackney pub quiz will test BBC’s Sherlock sleuths
Sherlock geeks can take part in one of London’s biggest pub quizzes ever this month, when 100 teams will join in across five venues around the capital.
The quiz themed on the BBC series about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s famous detective will take place in Camden, Walthamstow, Brixton as well as two Hackney pubs – the Pub On The Park, in Martello Street, London Fields, and The Three Crowns in Stoke Newington High Street.
Organisers Steve Horry and Adie Nunn from The Geeks Inc, who have also run Doctor Who and Breaking Bad quizzes in the past year, have been overwhelmed by the amount of people wanting to join in.
Ms Nunn said: “With these kind of cult shows, people don’t just go because they want to take part - some people just like being in the same room with others who share their interests.
“Our last quiz was possibly the least “zeitgeisty” one we’ve done, based on the works of Buffy The Vampire slayer creator Joss Whedon, and we had a full house through word of mouth, with 150 people singing a capella songs from the musical episode of Buffy.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not your typical night out in the pub and hopefully we can bring more of that sort of thing to Hackney.”
Entry to the quiz which starts at 8pm on Monday February 10 costs £2 per person, with teams of up to six which can be booked via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets