Geeks’ Hackney pub quiz will test BBC’s Sherlock sleuths
Sherlock geeks can take part in one of London’s biggest pub quizzes ever this month, when 100 teams will join in across five venues around the capital.
The quiz themed on the BBC series about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s famous detective will take place in Camden, Walthamstow, Brixton as well as two Hackney pubs – the Pub On The Park, in Martello Street, London Fields, and The Three Crowns in Stoke Newington High Street.
Organisers Steve Horry and Adie Nunn from The Geeks Inc, who have also run Doctor Who and Breaking Bad quizzes in the past year, have been overwhelmed by the amount of people wanting to join in.
Ms Nunn said: “With these kind of cult shows, people don’t just go because they want to take part - some people just like being in the same room with others who share their interests.
“Our last quiz was possibly the least “zeitgeisty” one we’ve done, based on the works of Buffy The Vampire slayer creator Joss Whedon, and we had a full house through word of mouth, with 150 people singing a capella songs from the musical episode of Buffy.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not your typical night out in the pub and hopefully we can bring more of that sort of thing to Hackney.”
Entry to the quiz which starts at 8pm on Monday February 10 costs £2 per person, with teams of up to six which can be booked via email@example.com.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington