General Election 2015: Diane Abbott gets landslide victory for Labour in Hackney North and Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Diane Abbot has retained her Hackney North and Stoke Newington seat with a staggering majority.
The Labour MP, who has held her seat since 1987, won with 31,357 votes – more than 24,000 more than her nearest rival, Amy Gray for the Conservatives.
She told the Gazette she was “humbled” by the huge turnout.
The full result for Hackney North and Stoke Newington is:
Diane Abbott (Labour) 31, 357
You may also want to watch:
Simon De Deney (Lib Dem) 2, 492
Heather Finlay (Green Party) 7,281
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Keith Fraser (UKIP) 1, 085
Amy Gray (Conservative) 7, 349
Jon Homan (Animal Welfare Party) (221)
Jonathan Silberman (Communist League) 102