General Election 2015: Diane Abbott gets landslide victory for Labour in Hackney North and Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Diane Abbot has retained her Hackney North and Stoke Newington seat with a staggering majority.
The Labour MP, who has held her seat since 1987, won with 31,357 votes – more than 24,000 more than her nearest rival, Amy Gray for the Conservatives.
She told the Gazette she was “humbled” by the huge turnout.
The full result for Hackney North and Stoke Newington is:
Diane Abbott (Labour) 31, 357
You may also want to watch:
Simon De Deney (Lib Dem) 2, 492
Heather Finlay (Green Party) 7,281
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 7 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
Keith Fraser (UKIP) 1, 085
Amy Gray (Conservative) 7, 349
Jon Homan (Animal Welfare Party) (221)
Jonathan Silberman (Communist League) 102