General Election 2015: Diane Abbott gets landslide victory for Labour in Hackney North and Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Diane Abbot has retained her Hackney North and Stoke Newington seat with a staggering majority.
The Labour MP, who has held her seat since 1987, won with 31,357 votes – more than 24,000 more than her nearest rival, Amy Gray for the Conservatives.
She told the Gazette she was “humbled” by the huge turnout.
The full result for Hackney North and Stoke Newington is:
Diane Abbott (Labour) 31, 357
You may also want to watch:
Simon De Deney (Lib Dem) 2, 492
Heather Finlay (Green Party) 7,281
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 6 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 7 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
Keith Fraser (UKIP) 1, 085
Amy Gray (Conservative) 7, 349
Jon Homan (Animal Welfare Party) (221)
Jonathan Silberman (Communist League) 102