General Election 2017: Hackney Conservatives announce candidates, promise ‘strong and stable government’
- Credit: Hackney Council/Green Party/Cons
Amy Gray will be standing as a Tory candidate in Hackney North and Stoke Newington again, and has vowed to work with Prime Minister Theresa May to deliver “a Brexit which works for Hackney” if she is elected.
Ms Gray stood for the seat already in 2015, and was the Conservative’s candidate for Mayor of Hackney last year.
She said: “I’m delighted to be representing my home constituency again and I’m looking forward to getting out there and making the case for a strong and stable government led by Theresa May which will benefit everyone in Hackney.
“I’ll continue to campaign on the issues which matter to us here: more good quality and affordable housing, better schools and support for our small businesses – things we can only have with a strong economy.”
She will be joined by Luke Parker, the candidate in Hackney South and Shoreditch, who ran the “Conservative In” Remain campaign in south-west London.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Whatever your position was in the referendum, the country has decided, and we now have to honour their wishes. Under their current leadership, the only way that Labour could play a meaningful part in this debate is in a coalition of chaos with the Lib Dems and SNP.
“By voting for me on June 8 people in Hackney South can give Theresa May a clear mandate to negotiate the best possible deal on all our behalf. This will lay the foundation for our country’s success, not just for five years, but for the next 50.”
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images