General Election 2017: Hackney Conservatives announce candidates, promise ‘strong and stable government’
- Credit: Hackney Council/Green Party/Cons
Amy Gray will be standing as a Tory candidate in Hackney North and Stoke Newington again, and has vowed to work with Prime Minister Theresa May to deliver “a Brexit which works for Hackney” if she is elected.
Ms Gray stood for the seat already in 2015, and was the Conservative’s candidate for Mayor of Hackney last year.
She said: “I’m delighted to be representing my home constituency again and I’m looking forward to getting out there and making the case for a strong and stable government led by Theresa May which will benefit everyone in Hackney.
“I’ll continue to campaign on the issues which matter to us here: more good quality and affordable housing, better schools and support for our small businesses – things we can only have with a strong economy.”
She will be joined by Luke Parker, the candidate in Hackney South and Shoreditch, who ran the “Conservative In” Remain campaign in south-west London.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Whatever your position was in the referendum, the country has decided, and we now have to honour their wishes. Under their current leadership, the only way that Labour could play a meaningful part in this debate is in a coalition of chaos with the Lib Dems and SNP.
“By voting for me on June 8 people in Hackney South can give Theresa May a clear mandate to negotiate the best possible deal on all our behalf. This will lay the foundation for our country’s success, not just for five years, but for the next 50.”
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week