Marsh pens new deal with Tottenham
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The 20-year-old made his Spurs debut in the FA Cup and will remain in N17 until the end of the 2020/21 campaign
George Marsh has agreed to extended his stay with Tottenham Hotspur by another two years.
The midfielder has progressed from the academy set-up into a regular for the under-23s in recent times.
Last summer he also managed to catch the eye of Mauricio Pochettino during the pre-season tour of the United States and remained on the fringes of the first-team squad in the 2018/19 campaign.
Marsh did make his Spurs debut in January as a late substitute in a 7-0 win over Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup third round and will hope for more appearances next season.
You may also want to watch:
He travelled with the first-team squad to Madrid for the Champions League final too, but wasn't named amongst the substitutes.
While Marsh, 20, will aim to make a name for himself at Tottenham, he may have to follow the likes of Josh Onomah as well as Cameron Carter-Vickers, who have developed while out on loan in the Football League.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 6 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 7 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 10 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday