Marsh pens new deal with Tottenham
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The 20-year-old made his Spurs debut in the FA Cup and will remain in N17 until the end of the 2020/21 campaign
George Marsh has agreed to extended his stay with Tottenham Hotspur by another two years.
The midfielder has progressed from the academy set-up into a regular for the under-23s in recent times.
Last summer he also managed to catch the eye of Mauricio Pochettino during the pre-season tour of the United States and remained on the fringes of the first-team squad in the 2018/19 campaign.
Marsh did make his Spurs debut in January as a late substitute in a 7-0 win over Tranmere Rovers in the FA Cup third round and will hope for more appearances next season.
You may also want to watch:
He travelled with the first-team squad to Madrid for the Champions League final too, but wasn't named amongst the substitutes.
While Marsh, 20, will aim to make a name for himself at Tottenham, he may have to follow the likes of Josh Onomah as well as Cameron Carter-Vickers, who have developed while out on loan in the Football League.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops