Get happy about Real Nappy Week with �54 voucher
Hackney Council is urging new and expecting parents in the borough to get happy about Real Nappy Week, and offering a �54 voucher for those who want to make the change to real nappies.
The money can be used to cover the costs of buying cloth nappies or using a laundering service, which offers weekly collections and delivers a fresh supply of nappies for a similar cost to that of buying disposables.
Using real nappies can save parents around �500 per baby when compared with disposables.
The Hackney Real Nappy Network will run a stall this Sunday (May 22) from noon to 5pm at the Well Street Common Festival in South Hackney.
Councillor Feryal Demirci, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “Real Nappy Week is a great way for people to see how they can do their bit to help reduce waste in Hackney.
You may also want to watch:
“The benefits of using real cloth nappies are huge - not only can you save money, but you can also do your bit for the environment.”
Other events scheduled this week:
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
Wednesday May 18, 12 - 2pm, Real Nappy Baby Clothes, Maternity Wear and Teddy Bear’s Picnic Swap at Dalston Eastern Curve Garden, 13 Dalston Lane, E8 3DF.
Bring along any real nappies, baby clothes or maternity wear you no longer want or just come along to pick up some. Booking essential, call Leo on 020 8356 7930 or email email@example.com
Thursday May 19, 1 - 2pm, Make Your Own Wet Bag or Washable Wipe at The Create Place, 290 Old Ford Place, E2 9PJ.
Join this workshop to create something for yourself or as a gift. Booking essential, �3 deposit fee, call 020 8980 2092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 20 May, 10.30am, Nappuccino at Hackney City Farm, 1a Goldsmiths Row, E2 8QA. For more information or to book contact Leo on 020 8356 7930 or email email@example.com