Get happy about Real Nappy Week with �54 voucher
Hackney Council is urging new and expecting parents in the borough to get happy about Real Nappy Week, and offering a �54 voucher for those who want to make the change to real nappies.
The money can be used to cover the costs of buying cloth nappies or using a laundering service, which offers weekly collections and delivers a fresh supply of nappies for a similar cost to that of buying disposables.
Using real nappies can save parents around �500 per baby when compared with disposables.
The Hackney Real Nappy Network will run a stall this Sunday (May 22) from noon to 5pm at the Well Street Common Festival in South Hackney.
Councillor Feryal Demirci, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “Real Nappy Week is a great way for people to see how they can do their bit to help reduce waste in Hackney.
You may also want to watch:
“The benefits of using real cloth nappies are huge - not only can you save money, but you can also do your bit for the environment.”
Other events scheduled this week:
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
Wednesday May 18, 12 - 2pm, Real Nappy Baby Clothes, Maternity Wear and Teddy Bear’s Picnic Swap at Dalston Eastern Curve Garden, 13 Dalston Lane, E8 3DF.
Bring along any real nappies, baby clothes or maternity wear you no longer want or just come along to pick up some. Booking essential, call Leo on 020 8356 7930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday May 19, 1 - 2pm, Make Your Own Wet Bag or Washable Wipe at The Create Place, 290 Old Ford Place, E2 9PJ.
Join this workshop to create something for yourself or as a gift. Booking essential, �3 deposit fee, call 020 8980 2092 or email email@example.com
Friday 20 May, 10.30am, Nappuccino at Hackney City Farm, 1a Goldsmiths Row, E2 8QA. For more information or to book contact Leo on 020 8356 7930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org