‘Stop throwing rubbish on the floor NOW!’ Girl, nine, has strong words for anyone littering in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
“Stop throwing rubbish on the floor – NOW!” These strong words come from a nine-year-old girl who is sick and tired of people littering in Finsbury Park.
A sign has been pinned up in Wilberforce Road by a youngster named Matilde, with a message for anyone who dumps their rubbish rather than putting it in a bin.
It says: “Many people are throwing rubbish on the floor when there is a bin close by.
“Well if you’re one of those people STOP NOW! Think about bin men having to pick up the rubbish for you.”
Pc James Higgins, of Stamford Hill, spotted the sign and said it was the best thing he’d seen all year.
You may also want to watch:
“Best thing I’ve seen all day or even all year!” he wrote on Twitter. “9 years old and fed up of people littering.
“Well done you! We should all be trying to take care of our surroundings.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
“Please use the bin people! Littering isn’t cool. Littering makes you look like a horrible human being!