‘Stop throwing rubbish on the floor NOW!’ Girl, nine, has strong words for anyone littering in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
“Stop throwing rubbish on the floor – NOW!” These strong words come from a nine-year-old girl who is sick and tired of people littering in Finsbury Park.
A sign has been pinned up in Wilberforce Road by a youngster named Matilde, with a message for anyone who dumps their rubbish rather than putting it in a bin.
It says: “Many people are throwing rubbish on the floor when there is a bin close by.
“Well if you’re one of those people STOP NOW! Think about bin men having to pick up the rubbish for you.”
Pc James Higgins, of Stamford Hill, spotted the sign and said it was the best thing he’d seen all year.
“Best thing I’ve seen all day or even all year!” he wrote on Twitter. “9 years old and fed up of people littering.
“Well done you! We should all be trying to take care of our surroundings.
- 1 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 7 'Time for change': Hackney Mayor on re-election plans
- 8 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 9 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
“Please use the bin people! Littering isn’t cool. Littering makes you look like a horrible human being!