‘Stop throwing rubbish on the floor NOW!’ Girl, nine, has strong words for anyone littering in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
“Stop throwing rubbish on the floor – NOW!” These strong words come from a nine-year-old girl who is sick and tired of people littering in Finsbury Park.
A sign has been pinned up in Wilberforce Road by a youngster named Matilde, with a message for anyone who dumps their rubbish rather than putting it in a bin.
It says: “Many people are throwing rubbish on the floor when there is a bin close by.
“Well if you’re one of those people STOP NOW! Think about bin men having to pick up the rubbish for you.”
Pc James Higgins, of Stamford Hill, spotted the sign and said it was the best thing he’d seen all year.
You may also want to watch:
“Best thing I’ve seen all day or even all year!” he wrote on Twitter. “9 years old and fed up of people littering.
“Well done you! We should all be trying to take care of our surroundings.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
“Please use the bin people! Littering isn’t cool. Littering makes you look like a horrible human being!