‘Stop throwing rubbish on the floor NOW!’ Girl, nine, has strong words for anyone littering in Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
“Stop throwing rubbish on the floor – NOW!” These strong words come from a nine-year-old girl who is sick and tired of people littering in Finsbury Park.
A sign has been pinned up in Wilberforce Road by a youngster named Matilde, with a message for anyone who dumps their rubbish rather than putting it in a bin.
It says: “Many people are throwing rubbish on the floor when there is a bin close by.
“Well if you’re one of those people STOP NOW! Think about bin men having to pick up the rubbish for you.”
Pc James Higgins, of Stamford Hill, spotted the sign and said it was the best thing he’d seen all year.
You may also want to watch:
“Best thing I’ve seen all day or even all year!” he wrote on Twitter. “9 years old and fed up of people littering.
“Well done you! We should all be trying to take care of our surroundings.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
“Please use the bin people! Littering isn’t cool. Littering makes you look like a horrible human being!