Spurs young goalkeeper Austin extends contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Brandon Austin has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2022.
The 20-year-old has come up through Spurs academy system and has appeared on the substitutes' bench for the first team in five competitive matches so far this season.
The goalkeeper has also played three games for the development squad in the Premier League 2, including a 3-1 win over Manchester City at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
He also earned his first call-ups to the England Under-21 national squad in October and November this season.
Austin made 21 appearances in all competitions at that level for the development squad last season, while also serving as one of the older members of the under-19 UEFA Youth League team.
You may also want to watch:
He was ever-present in that competition as we made it through the group stage and beat PAOK in the play-off round, before losing to Porto in the last 16, captaining the side in six of the eight games.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator