Spurs young goalkeeper Austin extends contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Brandon Austin has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2022.
The 20-year-old has come up through Spurs academy system and has appeared on the substitutes' bench for the first team in five competitive matches so far this season.
The goalkeeper has also played three games for the development squad in the Premier League 2, including a 3-1 win over Manchester City at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
He also earned his first call-ups to the England Under-21 national squad in October and November this season.
Austin made 21 appearances in all competitions at that level for the development squad last season, while also serving as one of the older members of the under-19 UEFA Youth League team.
You may also want to watch:
He was ever-present in that competition as we made it through the group stage and beat PAOK in the play-off round, before losing to Porto in the last 16, captaining the side in six of the eight games.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space