Spurs young goalkeeper Austin extends contract
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur youngster Brandon Austin has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2022.
The 20-year-old has come up through Spurs academy system and has appeared on the substitutes' bench for the first team in five competitive matches so far this season.
The goalkeeper has also played three games for the development squad in the Premier League 2, including a 3-1 win over Manchester City at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
He also earned his first call-ups to the England Under-21 national squad in October and November this season.
Austin made 21 appearances in all competitions at that level for the development squad last season, while also serving as one of the older members of the under-19 UEFA Youth League team.
You may also want to watch:
He was ever-present in that competition as we made it through the group stage and beat PAOK in the play-off round, before losing to Porto in the last 16, captaining the side in six of the eight games.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse