Good night for Tottenham Hotspur left-back Ben Davies and Wales in World Cup qualifying action
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news regarding Spurs player from across the globe, as Davidson Sanchez helps deny Brazil another win
Ben Davies played his part to ensure Wales kept alive their hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup with a solid performance last night.
The Spurs defender helped Chris Coleman’s team keep it tight at the back, so they could net twice late on and defeat Moldova 2-0 to move up to second in Group D.
Elsewhere, Christen Eriksen continued his excellent recent form with a goal and an assist during Denmark’s a 4-1 win over Armenia in Group E on Monday.
One Tottenham Hotspur player definitely heading to Russia next summer, assuming he is picked, is South Korea’s Heung-min Son.
A goalless draw away to Uzbekistan ensured South Korea booked their spot at the 2018 World Cup.
Son played the whole match and although he couldn’t find the net, the point for his country was enough to guarantee them second place in Group A, which sees them automatically qualify for Russia.
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 Hackney man wanted in relation to alleged Chelmsford assault
Davinson Sanchez shone for Colombia last night on only his third international cap, as he helped them to a 1-1 draw away to Brazil.
Serge Aurier, another recent recruit, was also in action and played for Ivory Coast, yet failed to stop them losing 2-1 at home to Gabon.
It concluded a mixed time for Tottenham’s players with their countries and they are now reporting back to Hotspur Way ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash away to Everton.
The next round of international fixtures takes place after Spurs visit new boys Huddersfield Town on September 30.