Good night for Tottenham Hotspur left-back Ben Davies and Wales in World Cup qualifying action
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news regarding Spurs player from across the globe, as Davidson Sanchez helps deny Brazil another win
Ben Davies played his part to ensure Wales kept alive their hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup with a solid performance last night.
The Spurs defender helped Chris Coleman’s team keep it tight at the back, so they could net twice late on and defeat Moldova 2-0 to move up to second in Group D.
Elsewhere, Christen Eriksen continued his excellent recent form with a goal and an assist during Denmark’s a 4-1 win over Armenia in Group E on Monday.
One Tottenham Hotspur player definitely heading to Russia next summer, assuming he is picked, is South Korea’s Heung-min Son.
You may also want to watch:
A goalless draw away to Uzbekistan ensured South Korea booked their spot at the 2018 World Cup.
Son played the whole match and although he couldn’t find the net, the point for his country was enough to guarantee them second place in Group A, which sees them automatically qualify for Russia.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 8 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
Davinson Sanchez shone for Colombia last night on only his third international cap, as he helped them to a 1-1 draw away to Brazil.
Serge Aurier, another recent recruit, was also in action and played for Ivory Coast, yet failed to stop them losing 2-1 at home to Gabon.
It concluded a mixed time for Tottenham’s players with their countries and they are now reporting back to Hotspur Way ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash away to Everton.
The next round of international fixtures takes place after Spurs visit new boys Huddersfield Town on September 30.