Good night for Tottenham Hotspur left-back Ben Davies and Wales in World Cup qualifying action
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news regarding Spurs player from across the globe, as Davidson Sanchez helps deny Brazil another win
Ben Davies played his part to ensure Wales kept alive their hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup with a solid performance last night.
The Spurs defender helped Chris Coleman’s team keep it tight at the back, so they could net twice late on and defeat Moldova 2-0 to move up to second in Group D.
Elsewhere, Christen Eriksen continued his excellent recent form with a goal and an assist during Denmark’s a 4-1 win over Armenia in Group E on Monday.
One Tottenham Hotspur player definitely heading to Russia next summer, assuming he is picked, is South Korea’s Heung-min Son.
You may also want to watch:
A goalless draw away to Uzbekistan ensured South Korea booked their spot at the 2018 World Cup.
Son played the whole match and although he couldn’t find the net, the point for his country was enough to guarantee them second place in Group A, which sees them automatically qualify for Russia.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
Davinson Sanchez shone for Colombia last night on only his third international cap, as he helped them to a 1-1 draw away to Brazil.
Serge Aurier, another recent recruit, was also in action and played for Ivory Coast, yet failed to stop them losing 2-1 at home to Gabon.
It concluded a mixed time for Tottenham’s players with their countries and they are now reporting back to Hotspur Way ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash away to Everton.
The next round of international fixtures takes place after Spurs visit new boys Huddersfield Town on September 30.