Good night for Tottenham Hotspur left-back Ben Davies and Wales in World Cup qualifying action
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news regarding Spurs player from across the globe, as Davidson Sanchez helps deny Brazil another win
Ben Davies played his part to ensure Wales kept alive their hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup with a solid performance last night.
The Spurs defender helped Chris Coleman’s team keep it tight at the back, so they could net twice late on and defeat Moldova 2-0 to move up to second in Group D.
Elsewhere, Christen Eriksen continued his excellent recent form with a goal and an assist during Denmark’s a 4-1 win over Armenia in Group E on Monday.
One Tottenham Hotspur player definitely heading to Russia next summer, assuming he is picked, is South Korea’s Heung-min Son.
You may also want to watch:
A goalless draw away to Uzbekistan ensured South Korea booked their spot at the 2018 World Cup.
Son played the whole match and although he couldn’t find the net, the point for his country was enough to guarantee them second place in Group A, which sees them automatically qualify for Russia.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 6 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 7 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
Davinson Sanchez shone for Colombia last night on only his third international cap, as he helped them to a 1-1 draw away to Brazil.
Serge Aurier, another recent recruit, was also in action and played for Ivory Coast, yet failed to stop them losing 2-1 at home to Gabon.
It concluded a mixed time for Tottenham’s players with their countries and they are now reporting back to Hotspur Way ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash away to Everton.
The next round of international fixtures takes place after Spurs visit new boys Huddersfield Town on September 30.