Green champion reads from his thriller at Broadway Market
A lawyer who puts the earth at the top of his client list will be reading from his new environmental legal thriller at a book reading in Broadway Market.
James Thornton has been named as one of the ten people most likely to change the planet by the New Statesman and will be reading from his book Immediate Harm.
His law firm ClientEarth is based at Richmond Road in Dalston and his team have built up a reputation for working to create a healthy planet. He was involved in legal action over the Kingsnorth Power Station.
He combines his passion for the environment and knowledge of law in the novel which blends the legal drama of John Grisham with the science thrills of Michael Crichton.
When two schoolgirls are diagnosed with aggressive schizophrenia the drama is notched up as links are drawn to a nearby field of genetically modified maize.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thornton will be joined by award winning author, Martin Goodman, who will reading from his latest novel, the Man Booker nominated Look Who’s Watching. The book is a paranormal thriller, blending media manipulation of news by a power obsessed mogul with the assassination of a child lama and the hounding of a converted film star.
Tickets for the event at the Broadway Bookshop cost �3 and include a glass of wine.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
It starts at 7pm, with booking on 020 7241 1626.