Green champion reads from his thriller at Broadway Market
A lawyer who puts the earth at the top of his client list will be reading from his new environmental legal thriller at a book reading in Broadway Market.
James Thornton has been named as one of the ten people most likely to change the planet by the New Statesman and will be reading from his book Immediate Harm.
His law firm ClientEarth is based at Richmond Road in Dalston and his team have built up a reputation for working to create a healthy planet. He was involved in legal action over the Kingsnorth Power Station.
He combines his passion for the environment and knowledge of law in the novel which blends the legal drama of John Grisham with the science thrills of Michael Crichton.
When two schoolgirls are diagnosed with aggressive schizophrenia the drama is notched up as links are drawn to a nearby field of genetically modified maize.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thornton will be joined by award winning author, Martin Goodman, who will reading from his latest novel, the Man Booker nominated Look Who’s Watching. The book is a paranormal thriller, blending media manipulation of news by a power obsessed mogul with the assassination of a child lama and the hounding of a converted film star.
Tickets for the event at the Broadway Bookshop cost �3 and include a glass of wine.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
It starts at 7pm, with booking on 020 7241 1626.