Green Lanes crash: Two cyclists taken to hospital after being hit by van near Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
Two cyclists were taken to hospital after being hit by a van near Clissold Park yesterday morning.
One of the men was reportedly “thrown in the air” by the smash, which happened at about 6.20am at the junction of Riversdale Road and Green Lanes.
Cops and paramedics were called to the scene and the pair were taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, police said today.
The van driver stopped at the scene. No one has been arrested.
Tabatha Tanqueray, 39, went past moments after the crash. She says witnesses told her the cyclists had been waiting to pull out of Riversdale Road when the collision happened.
You may also want to watch:
It was the second serious collision in the area in six days, following a crash that left a pensioner with serious head injuries and fractured ribs on Saturday night.
That happened near the junction of Green Lanes and Highbury Quadrant.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 4 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454 of December 10.