Green Lanes crash: Two cyclists taken to hospital after being hit by van near Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
Two cyclists were taken to hospital after being hit by a van near Clissold Park yesterday morning.
One of the men was reportedly “thrown in the air” by the smash, which happened at about 6.20am at the junction of Riversdale Road and Green Lanes.
Cops and paramedics were called to the scene and the pair were taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, police said today.
The van driver stopped at the scene. No one has been arrested.
Tabatha Tanqueray, 39, went past moments after the crash. She says witnesses told her the cyclists had been waiting to pull out of Riversdale Road when the collision happened.
It was the second serious collision in the area in six days, following a crash that left a pensioner with serious head injuries and fractured ribs on Saturday night.
That happened near the junction of Green Lanes and Highbury Quadrant.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 4 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 5 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 6 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 7 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 8 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 9 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454 of December 10.