Green Lanes crash: Two cyclists taken to hospital after being hit by van near Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
Two cyclists were taken to hospital after being hit by a van near Clissold Park yesterday morning.
One of the men was reportedly “thrown in the air” by the smash, which happened at about 6.20am at the junction of Riversdale Road and Green Lanes.
Cops and paramedics were called to the scene and the pair were taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, police said today.
The van driver stopped at the scene. No one has been arrested.
Tabatha Tanqueray, 39, went past moments after the crash. She says witnesses told her the cyclists had been waiting to pull out of Riversdale Road when the collision happened.
You may also want to watch:
It was the second serious collision in the area in six days, following a crash that left a pensioner with serious head injuries and fractured ribs on Saturday night.
That happened near the junction of Green Lanes and Highbury Quadrant.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454 of December 10.