Green Lanes crash: Two cyclists taken to hospital after being hit by van near Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
Two cyclists were taken to hospital after being hit by a van near Clissold Park yesterday morning.
One of the men was reportedly “thrown in the air” by the smash, which happened at about 6.20am at the junction of Riversdale Road and Green Lanes.
Cops and paramedics were called to the scene and the pair were taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing, police said today.
The van driver stopped at the scene. No one has been arrested.
Tabatha Tanqueray, 39, went past moments after the crash. She says witnesses told her the cyclists had been waiting to pull out of Riversdale Road when the collision happened.
You may also want to watch:
It was the second serious collision in the area in six days, following a crash that left a pensioner with serious head injuries and fractured ribs on Saturday night.
That happened near the junction of Green Lanes and Highbury Quadrant.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
Anyone who saw anything has been asked to call Hackney Police on 101 and quote CAD6454 of December 10.