Green Lanes fire: Three people in hospital after early-morning house fire between patisserie and pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
Three people are in hospital after a house fire in Green Lanes this morning.
Firefighters rescued one man from the second floor, while two other people had already got out before they arrived.
Emergency services were called at 5.10am to a fire in the house between Turkish patisserie Havin and Nonno's Pizzeria.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus rescued a man from the second floor by a staircase, and he was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.
Another man and woman had left the building by the time fire crews arrived and were also taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire was under control by 6.40am.
Part of the basement and part of the neighbouring shop front was damaged.
The road from Newington Green to Stoke Newington Church Street was shut, with buses 141 and 341 on diversion.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Hackney man wanted in relation to alleged Chelmsford assault
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Police say no arrests have been made.