Green Lanes fire: Three people in hospital after early-morning house fire between patisserie and pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
Three people are in hospital after a house fire in Green Lanes this morning.
Firefighters rescued one man from the second floor, while two other people had already got out before they arrived.
Emergency services were called at 5.10am to a fire in the house between Turkish patisserie Havin and Nonno's Pizzeria.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus rescued a man from the second floor by a staircase, and he was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.
Another man and woman had left the building by the time fire crews arrived and were also taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire was under control by 6.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the basement and part of the neighbouring shop front was damaged.
The road from Newington Green to Stoke Newington Church Street was shut, with buses 141 and 341 on diversion.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Police say no arrests have been made.