Green Lanes fire: Three people in hospital after early-morning house fire between patisserie and pizzeria
- Credit: Archant
Three people are in hospital after a house fire in Green Lanes this morning.
Firefighters rescued one man from the second floor, while two other people had already got out before they arrived.
Emergency services were called at 5.10am to a fire in the house between Turkish patisserie Havin and Nonno's Pizzeria.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus rescued a man from the second floor by a staircase, and he was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.
Another man and woman had left the building by the time fire crews arrived and were also taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire was under control by 6.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the basement and part of the neighbouring shop front was damaged.
The road from Newington Green to Stoke Newington Church Street was shut, with buses 141 and 341 on diversion.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Police say no arrests have been made.