Green Lanes crash: Motorcyclist, 40, dies in collision by The Finsbury pub
- Credit: @MPSHackney
A 40-year-old biker died when his motorcycle crashed outside The Finsbury in Green Lanes yesterday morning.
Police were today appealing for witnesses to the collision that killed the man at the junction with Woodberry Grove, just north of Manor House station.
Officers were called at about 11am and told a man had fallen off his motorbike, Scotland Yard said. They scrambled paramedics but the man died at the scene.
“Officers are in the process of contacting next of kin,” said a spokesman. “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
“Officers from Hackney remain on scene and road closures are in place.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorists are advised to avoid this area where possible as road closures are likely to be in place for some time.”
Call the Met’s serious collisions unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have information about the crash, police urged.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
You can also tweet information on @MetCC.