Green Lanes crash: Motorcyclist, 40, dies in collision by The Finsbury pub
- Credit: @MPSHackney
A 40-year-old biker died when his motorcycle crashed outside The Finsbury in Green Lanes yesterday morning.
Police were today appealing for witnesses to the collision that killed the man at the junction with Woodberry Grove, just north of Manor House station.
Officers were called at about 11am and told a man had fallen off his motorbike, Scotland Yard said. They scrambled paramedics but the man died at the scene.
“Officers are in the process of contacting next of kin,” said a spokesman. “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
“Officers from Hackney remain on scene and road closures are in place.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorists are advised to avoid this area where possible as road closures are likely to be in place for some time.”
Call the Met’s serious collisions unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have information about the crash, police urged.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
You can also tweet information on @MetCC.