Green Lanes crash: Motorcyclist, 40, dies in collision by The Finsbury pub
- Credit: @MPSHackney
A 40-year-old biker died when his motorcycle crashed outside The Finsbury in Green Lanes yesterday morning.
Police were today appealing for witnesses to the collision that killed the man at the junction with Woodberry Grove, just north of Manor House station.
Officers were called at about 11am and told a man had fallen off his motorbike, Scotland Yard said. They scrambled paramedics but the man died at the scene.
“Officers are in the process of contacting next of kin,” said a spokesman. “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
“Officers from Hackney remain on scene and road closures are in place.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorists are advised to avoid this area where possible as road closures are likely to be in place for some time.”
Call the Met’s serious collisions unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have information about the crash, police urged.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
You can also tweet information on @MetCC.