Green Lanes crash: Motorcyclist, 40, dies in collision by The Finsbury pub
- Credit: @MPSHackney
A 40-year-old biker died when his motorcycle crashed outside The Finsbury in Green Lanes yesterday morning.
Police were today appealing for witnesses to the collision that killed the man at the junction with Woodberry Grove, just north of Manor House station.
Officers were called at about 11am and told a man had fallen off his motorbike, Scotland Yard said. They scrambled paramedics but the man died at the scene.
“Officers are in the process of contacting next of kin,” said a spokesman. “A post-mortem will be scheduled in due course.
“Officers from Hackney remain on scene and road closures are in place.
“Motorists are advised to avoid this area where possible as road closures are likely to be in place for some time.”
Call the Met’s serious collisions unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you have information about the crash, police urged.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
You can also tweet information on @MetCC.