Grenfell Tower fire: Hackney railway arches open as drop off point for donations
- Credit: AP
Railway arches in Hackney have opened as a drop off point for people wanting to make donations to victims of the Grenfell Tower blaze.
*** Update (6.25pm): Kensington and Chelsea Council is now asking people to donate cash rather than goods. You can give money securely here. ***
Fount London is accepting clothes, food, toiletries or even offers of accommodation from people at its base in Westgate Street in Hackney.
Police say 12 people have died in the fire, with that number expected to rise.
A spokesman for Fount London said: “It is absolutely heartbreaking what happened in west London; our thoughts are with all those affected by the tragedy.
“We understand that those involved have been left with no clothes, food, accommodation, toiletries. We also appreciate that the help points might be a little far to travel if you aren’t local.
You may also want to watch:
“FountLondon are asking that if any local people want to donate, but cannot get to West London, please feel free to drop children’s clothes, toys, toiletries, adult’s clothes, sanitary products and other such items to us. Our address is: FountLondon, Arches 358-360, Westgate Street, E8 3RN.”
A delivery will be made either tomorrow or on Friday. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure