Hackney Mayor’s Question Time: Seize your chance to ‘Grill Phil’
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
Hackney’s elected mayor Philip Glanville will be answering questions about anything that people wish to quiz him on at a free public debate this month.
The Hackney Mayor's Question Time has become a regular fixture in the council's calendar since it was introduced two years ago, and will take place at Hackney Town Hall in Mare Street at 7pm on March 18.
The debate will be chaired by Huffington Post news editor and former Hackney Gazette editor Ramzy Alwakeel, who will take questions from the audience and lead the discussion.
Phil said: "With cynicism in politics at an all-time high, it's vital that leaders in elected office are held to account by the residents they represent, and I'm looking forward to some robust debate next month.
"Whether it's housing, education, our climate crisis or anything else, this is your opportunity to ask me directly about your burning issue and share your views about tackling the challenges we face in our borough."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance at hackneymayorqt.eventbrite.co.uk as space is limited.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation