Hackney Mayor’s Question Time: Seize your chance to ‘Grill Phil’
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
Hackney’s elected mayor Philip Glanville will be answering questions about anything that people wish to quiz him on at a free public debate this month.
The Hackney Mayor's Question Time has become a regular fixture in the council's calendar since it was introduced two years ago, and will take place at Hackney Town Hall in Mare Street at 7pm on March 18.
The debate will be chaired by Huffington Post news editor and former Hackney Gazette editor Ramzy Alwakeel, who will take questions from the audience and lead the discussion.
Phil said: "With cynicism in politics at an all-time high, it's vital that leaders in elected office are held to account by the residents they represent, and I'm looking forward to some robust debate next month.
"Whether it's housing, education, our climate crisis or anything else, this is your opportunity to ask me directly about your burning issue and share your views about tackling the challenges we face in our borough."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance at hackneymayorqt.eventbrite.co.uk as space is limited.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service