Hackney Mayor’s Question Time: Seize your chance to ‘Grill Phil’
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
Hackney’s elected mayor Philip Glanville will be answering questions about anything that people wish to quiz him on at a free public debate this month.
The Hackney Mayor's Question Time has become a regular fixture in the council's calendar since it was introduced two years ago, and will take place at Hackney Town Hall in Mare Street at 7pm on March 18.
The debate will be chaired by Huffington Post news editor and former Hackney Gazette editor Ramzy Alwakeel, who will take questions from the audience and lead the discussion.
Phil said: "With cynicism in politics at an all-time high, it's vital that leaders in elected office are held to account by the residents they represent, and I'm looking forward to some robust debate next month.
"Whether it's housing, education, our climate crisis or anything else, this is your opportunity to ask me directly about your burning issue and share your views about tackling the challenges we face in our borough."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance at hackneymayorqt.eventbrite.co.uk as space is limited.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins