Group attacked with saw and knife in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A group was attacked with a saw and a knife in a horrific assault in Downs Road last week.
Medics and police were alerted at about 10pm on Thursday night and treated the victims, one of whom was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Police taped off a stretch of Lower Clapton Road that was covered in blood.
A worker at Mermaid Fish Bar said she wasn’t surprised by what had happened.
“I heard screaming and shouting and someone came in asking for some tissue because someone’s head was bleeding. “It’s the norm round here though.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have not indicated whether any arrests were made.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition