Group attacked with saw and knife in Lower Clapton
- Credit: Archant
A group was attacked with a saw and a knife in a horrific assault in Downs Road last week.
Medics and police were alerted at about 10pm on Thursday night and treated the victims, one of whom was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Police taped off a stretch of Lower Clapton Road that was covered in blood.
A worker at Mermaid Fish Bar said she wasn’t surprised by what had happened.
“I heard screaming and shouting and someone came in asking for some tissue because someone’s head was bleeding. “It’s the norm round here though.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have not indicated whether any arrests were made.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'