Group launches 2020 calendar to pay tribute to Windrush Generation
- Credit: Archant
A community group has produced a calendar for 2020 that pays tribute to the vital contributions made by the Windrush Generation.
The Windrushers LNYDP 2019 team, which was formed to represent Hackney and the Windrush generation in this year's New Year's Day Parade, have created the calendar to acknowledge and pay tribute to its pioneers.
It features images of people who have made outstanding contributions, such as writer Margaret Busby, former Tottenham Hotspur footballer Walter Tull and Olympic gold medallist Arthur Wint.
"Please help us spread the knowledge all year round by buying a copy," said member Ngoma Bishop.
"It will make an excellent present for yourself, family members, friends or work colleagues and every copy sold will help ensure we can do the same next year."
You may also want to watch:
The calendars are £7. To order one email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted