Group launches 2020 calendar to pay tribute to Windrush Generation
- Credit: Archant
A community group has produced a calendar for 2020 that pays tribute to the vital contributions made by the Windrush Generation.
The Windrushers LNYDP 2019 team, which was formed to represent Hackney and the Windrush generation in this year's New Year's Day Parade, have created the calendar to acknowledge and pay tribute to its pioneers.
It features images of people who have made outstanding contributions, such as writer Margaret Busby, former Tottenham Hotspur footballer Walter Tull and Olympic gold medallist Arthur Wint.
"Please help us spread the knowledge all year round by buying a copy," said member Ngoma Bishop.
"It will make an excellent present for yourself, family members, friends or work colleagues and every copy sold will help ensure we can do the same next year."
You may also want to watch:
The calendars are £7. To order one email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 2 Fatal Gillett Square shooting shines spotlight on crime hotspot
- 3 Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Pub managers in Hackney tell how life is since lockdown eased
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Hackney's Miss London makes it to Miss England final
- 8 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 9 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 10 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack