Group launches 2020 calendar to pay tribute to Windrush Generation
- Credit: Archant
A community group has produced a calendar for 2020 that pays tribute to the vital contributions made by the Windrush Generation.
The Windrushers LNYDP 2019 team, which was formed to represent Hackney and the Windrush generation in this year's New Year's Day Parade, have created the calendar to acknowledge and pay tribute to its pioneers.
It features images of people who have made outstanding contributions, such as writer Margaret Busby, former Tottenham Hotspur footballer Walter Tull and Olympic gold medallist Arthur Wint.
"Please help us spread the knowledge all year round by buying a copy," said member Ngoma Bishop.
"It will make an excellent present for yourself, family members, friends or work colleagues and every copy sold will help ensure we can do the same next year."
You may also want to watch:
The calendars are £7. To order one email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service