GUN SUSPECTS ON CCTV
These are the two men suspected of gunning down the teenage son of a former football star during a horrifying drive-by shooting in Dalston...
These are the two men suspected of gunning down the teenage son of a former football star during a horrifying drive-by shooting in Dalston.
Kenneth Charlery, 18, was left brain-damaged when he was shot in the face at point-blank range in Downs Park Road.
The brutal attack has left the teenager severely disabled, with limited speech, and partly paralysed down his left side.
Mr Charlery is the son of former footballer Ken Charlery, who played for a host of clubs including Birmingham and Watford.
You may also want to watch:
Police have released the CCTV footage of the suspects on a moped in Charterhouse Road, near the scene of the shooting.
Detectives will be returning to the scene today (Thursday) near the Pembury Estate to give out leaflets and posters.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
Acting Det Chief Insp Peter Holdcroft, from Operation Trident, said: "Kenneth was shot in a cold bloodied manner with absolutely no regard for anyone around.
"Kenneth woke up that morning, a fit, athletic and boisterous young man. He now lays in a hospital bed, requiring around the clock medical attention.
"He is partially paralysed down his left-hand side due to damage caused to his brain. He now has limited speech, walks with great difficulty and suffers from fits.
Kenny was shot as he drove along Amhurst Road with his girlfriend, Samantha at 8.10pm on Monday, March 17.
A moped with two passengers pulled up alongside Kenny's green Fiat Steelo at the junction with Downs Park Road.
Cops believe the pillion passenger shot Kenny in the face at point-blank range through the driver's window.
The driver of the moped then performed a U-turn in Amhurst Road and sped off towards Dalston.
Shortly before the shooting, the moped was seen riding around the Evelyn Court Estate in Hackney.
Both the rider and pillion passenger are black men, in their twenties. The pillion passenger was not wearing a helmet.
Det Chief Insp Holdcroft added: "Seven weeks on we still need the help of the local community in order to assist us in the identification of the gunmen.
"I would encourage anyone with information to call us. Your call may help take a gunman off the streets and potentially save a life."
Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room on 020 8733 4704. If you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Four men have been arrested in connection with the inquiry and bailed to return to a police station later this month.