GUN SUSPECTS ON CCTV
These are the two men suspected of gunning down the teenage son of a former football star during a horrifying drive-by shooting in Dalston...
These are the two men suspected of gunning down the teenage son of a former football star during a horrifying drive-by shooting in Dalston.
Kenneth Charlery, 18, was left brain-damaged when he was shot in the face at point-blank range in Downs Park Road.
The brutal attack has left the teenager severely disabled, with limited speech, and partly paralysed down his left side.
Mr Charlery is the son of former footballer Ken Charlery, who played for a host of clubs including Birmingham and Watford.
You may also want to watch:
Police have released the CCTV footage of the suspects on a moped in Charterhouse Road, near the scene of the shooting.
Detectives will be returning to the scene today (Thursday) near the Pembury Estate to give out leaflets and posters.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Acting Det Chief Insp Peter Holdcroft, from Operation Trident, said: "Kenneth was shot in a cold bloodied manner with absolutely no regard for anyone around.
"Kenneth woke up that morning, a fit, athletic and boisterous young man. He now lays in a hospital bed, requiring around the clock medical attention.
"He is partially paralysed down his left-hand side due to damage caused to his brain. He now has limited speech, walks with great difficulty and suffers from fits.
Kenny was shot as he drove along Amhurst Road with his girlfriend, Samantha at 8.10pm on Monday, March 17.
A moped with two passengers pulled up alongside Kenny's green Fiat Steelo at the junction with Downs Park Road.
Cops believe the pillion passenger shot Kenny in the face at point-blank range through the driver's window.
The driver of the moped then performed a U-turn in Amhurst Road and sped off towards Dalston.
Shortly before the shooting, the moped was seen riding around the Evelyn Court Estate in Hackney.
Both the rider and pillion passenger are black men, in their twenties. The pillion passenger was not wearing a helmet.
Det Chief Insp Holdcroft added: "Seven weeks on we still need the help of the local community in order to assist us in the identification of the gunmen.
"I would encourage anyone with information to call us. Your call may help take a gunman off the streets and potentially save a life."
Anyone with information is urged to call the incident room on 020 8733 4704. If you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Four men have been arrested in connection with the inquiry and bailed to return to a police station later this month.