Gunshot fired at police car in Lower Clapton
Three armed men on bicycles fired at a police patrol car in Lower Clapton on Tuesday night (January 10).
The attack happened shortly before 11.30pm as officers were monitoring CCTV cameras in Mandeville Street.
As the car was approaching the men, a single shot was fired in its direction and the suspects made off across a footbridge over the River Lee.
A handgun was recovered at the scene.
No one was injured and detectives are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
The shooting follows the death of 26-year-old Tommy Lawrence outside the Glyn Arms pub in Mandeville Street last October.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space