Gunshot fired at police car in Lower Clapton
Three armed men on bicycles fired at a police patrol car in Lower Clapton on Tuesday night (January 10).
The attack happened shortly before 11.30pm as officers were monitoring CCTV cameras in Mandeville Street.
As the car was approaching the men, a single shot was fired in its direction and the suspects made off across a footbridge over the River Lee.
A handgun was recovered at the scene.
No one was injured and detectives are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
The shooting follows the death of 26-year-old Tommy Lawrence outside the Glyn Arms pub in Mandeville Street last October.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse