Gunshot fired at police car in Lower Clapton
Three armed men on bicycles fired at a police patrol car in Lower Clapton on Tuesday night (January 10).
The attack happened shortly before 11.30pm as officers were monitoring CCTV cameras in Mandeville Street.
As the car was approaching the men, a single shot was fired in its direction and the suspects made off across a footbridge over the River Lee.
A handgun was recovered at the scene.
No one was injured and detectives are investigating.
The shooting follows the death of 26-year-old Tommy Lawrence outside the Glyn Arms pub in Mandeville Street last October.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Covid patient numbers at Homerton Hospital with Plan B rules set to lift
- 3 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 4 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 5 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 6 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 9 Upper Clapton college celebrates recovery after glowing Ofsted report
- 10 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs