Gunshot fired at police car in Lower Clapton
Three armed men on bicycles fired at a police patrol car in Lower Clapton on Tuesday night (January 10).
The attack happened shortly before 11.30pm as officers were monitoring CCTV cameras in Mandeville Street.
As the car was approaching the men, a single shot was fired in its direction and the suspects made off across a footbridge over the River Lee.
A handgun was recovered at the scene.
No one was injured and detectives are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
The shooting follows the death of 26-year-old Tommy Lawrence outside the Glyn Arms pub in Mandeville Street last October.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers