Non-religious church to host virtual Passover meal
- Credit: New Unity
A Hackney and Islington non-religious church is hosting a free virtual Seder for Passover.
Passover is a Jewish holiday which lasts for eight days and marks the biblical Exodus of the Jewish people from Egypt.
To celebrate Seder, a traditional Passover meal observed during the holiday, New Unity church is hosting a virtual ceremony on March 27.
Andy Pakula, non-religious Minister at New Unity, said: “As last year, our Passover Seder takes place this year in an atmosphere of lockdown.
“But we’re hopeful that community can grow and strengthen as we ﬁnd other ways to connect.
You may also want to watch:
“This Seder is just one more example of how we are coming together online to build a more loving and just world.”
The online event will see the minister re-tell the ancient Passover story and lead the group in speaking and singing.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 8 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 9 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
It will also involve the eating of symbolic foods and the drinking of wine or grape juice.
The non-religious church, which is based in Upper Street in Islington and Hackney's Newington Green, says people from all faiths are welcome, including anyone living outside London or the UK.
To sign up visit March 27, visit action.new-unity.org/seder2021.