Hackney anti-cuts campaigners deliver Christmas card to Downing Street
The card wishes David Cameron a Merry Christmas from everyone who could suffer as a result of the public spending cuts
Anti-cuts campaigners from Hackney delivered a Christmas card with a difference to the Prime Minister yesterday (December 8).
Lower Clapton residents joined Labour councillors from Leabridge ward on the doorstep of 10 Downing Street as part of a push called ‘Their cuts – Not Ours”.
The satirical cartoon card, signed by Hackney residents, wishes David Cameron a Merry Christmas and a Happy Chanukah on behalf of all those who will suffer because of the Lib-Con government’s public spending cuts.
“He will no doubt have a wonderful Christmas with his family at his multi-million pound residence while our constituents will be living in fear of losing their jobs, their homes and their savings - like Bob Cratchit in Dicken’s tale about Scrooge,’ said Cllr Ian Rathbone,
You may also want to watch:
“There will be no happy smiles or rosy future to look forward to, no prospect of University for the young when fees have been jacked up so high.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space