Hackney anti-cuts campaigners deliver Christmas card to Downing Street
The card wishes David Cameron a Merry Christmas from everyone who could suffer as a result of the public spending cuts
Anti-cuts campaigners from Hackney delivered a Christmas card with a difference to the Prime Minister yesterday (December 8).
Lower Clapton residents joined Labour councillors from Leabridge ward on the doorstep of 10 Downing Street as part of a push called ‘Their cuts – Not Ours”.
The satirical cartoon card, signed by Hackney residents, wishes David Cameron a Merry Christmas and a Happy Chanukah on behalf of all those who will suffer because of the Lib-Con government’s public spending cuts.
“He will no doubt have a wonderful Christmas with his family at his multi-million pound residence while our constituents will be living in fear of losing their jobs, their homes and their savings - like Bob Cratchit in Dicken’s tale about Scrooge,’ said Cllr Ian Rathbone,
You may also want to watch:
“There will be no happy smiles or rosy future to look forward to, no prospect of University for the young when fees have been jacked up so high.”
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed