Hackney beats of fierce competition for place in top 100 LGBT-friendly employers
Hackney Council has been named one of the country’s top 100 LGBT-friendly employers.
Stonewall’s 2014 Workplace Equality Index - which showcases Britain’s top 100 employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual (LGBT) people - has placed Hackney 66th overall, up 12 places on last year.
Rankings are based on a 25-question survey covering policy and practice, from the charity which campaigns for equality and justice.
Deputy Mayor Cllr Sophie Linden said: “Hackney Council is committed to ensuring a workplace free from discrimination, where staff can thrive and deliver the very best services and opportunities for our residents.
“We’re proud of our ranking in Stonewall’s index - Hackney is a diverse borough, so it’s only right that this is reflected in the people who serve our community.”
You may also want to watch:
Ben Summerskill, Stonewall’s chief executive said: “Every single employer in the top 100 has performed remarkably this year, as competition for a place on the list of gay-friendly employers has never been fiercer.
“This commitment from organisations - across 38 different industries - is changing the face of workplaces for the better for all staff, regardless of their sexual orientation.”
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 10 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
For more information see www.stonewall.org.uk.