Hackney Beer and Cider festival is no pig’s ear
Pig’s Ear Beer and Cider Festival offers more than 100 types of beer.
Fans of the amber nectar will find plenty on offer at CAMRA’s 27th Pig’s Ear Beer and Cider Festival in Lower Clapton, which starts today (Tuesday).
With over 100 beers, including milds, stouts and bitters, unique fest brews, bottled and foreign beer bars, and renowned cider competing for attention, there is sure to be something for everyone.
Festive-themed brews including Santa’s Reserve, Piggy Winkle’s Christmas Tinkle, Pigs Ear Christmas Ginger Beer, Ho Ho Ho will be lining up against some bizarre-sounding tipples including Mashie Niblic, Sporran Warmer Blonde and Ferocious Fred.
CAMRA, who promote good-quality real ale, real pubs, and consumer rights, were formed over 30 years ago when its founder members were fed up with beer that was too fizzy, had no character and no taste.
You may also want to watch:
The festival is being held at the English Heritage-restored Round Chapel in Powerscroft Road, off Lower Clapton Road, from 11am to 11pm from Tuesday (November 30) to Friday (December 3), with an extension to midnight on Friday.
Entry for CAMRA non-members is �3 and �2 for members.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney