Hackney Beer and Cider festival is no pig’s ear
Pig’s Ear Beer and Cider Festival offers more than 100 types of beer.
Fans of the amber nectar will find plenty on offer at CAMRA’s 27th Pig’s Ear Beer and Cider Festival in Lower Clapton, which starts today (Tuesday).
With over 100 beers, including milds, stouts and bitters, unique fest brews, bottled and foreign beer bars, and renowned cider competing for attention, there is sure to be something for everyone.
Festive-themed brews including Santa’s Reserve, Piggy Winkle’s Christmas Tinkle, Pigs Ear Christmas Ginger Beer, Ho Ho Ho will be lining up against some bizarre-sounding tipples including Mashie Niblic, Sporran Warmer Blonde and Ferocious Fred.
CAMRA, who promote good-quality real ale, real pubs, and consumer rights, were formed over 30 years ago when its founder members were fed up with beer that was too fizzy, had no character and no taste.
The festival is being held at the English Heritage-restored Round Chapel in Powerscroft Road, off Lower Clapton Road, from 11am to 11pm from Tuesday (November 30) to Friday (December 3), with an extension to midnight on Friday.
Entry for CAMRA non-members is �3 and �2 for members.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney