Hackney Beer and Cider festival is no pig’s ear
Pig’s Ear Beer and Cider Festival offers more than 100 types of beer.
Fans of the amber nectar will find plenty on offer at CAMRA’s 27th Pig’s Ear Beer and Cider Festival in Lower Clapton, which starts today (Tuesday).
With over 100 beers, including milds, stouts and bitters, unique fest brews, bottled and foreign beer bars, and renowned cider competing for attention, there is sure to be something for everyone.
Festive-themed brews including Santa’s Reserve, Piggy Winkle’s Christmas Tinkle, Pigs Ear Christmas Ginger Beer, Ho Ho Ho will be lining up against some bizarre-sounding tipples including Mashie Niblic, Sporran Warmer Blonde and Ferocious Fred.
CAMRA, who promote good-quality real ale, real pubs, and consumer rights, were formed over 30 years ago when its founder members were fed up with beer that was too fizzy, had no character and no taste.
You may also want to watch:
The festival is being held at the English Heritage-restored Round Chapel in Powerscroft Road, off Lower Clapton Road, from 11am to 11pm from Tuesday (November 30) to Friday (December 3), with an extension to midnight on Friday.
Entry for CAMRA non-members is �3 and �2 for members.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers