Hackney betting shop workers attacked in broad daylight
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses after violent robbers targeted betting shop workers in broad daylight on three separate occasions.
A female employee had left William Hill Bookmakers in Shacklewell Lane, Dalston, to deposit cash from the venue at the post office in Stoke Newington Road at about 12.10pm on April 2 when two men attacked her from behind.
They punched her to the ground and made off with the money, running across Shacklewell Lane, north along Dunn Street, across Arcola Street and into Hindle House.
Both are is described as a black men, about 20 years old, and wearing black hooded jackets - one with pink detail on the hood.
Similar attacks took place around noon on May 7 and May 12 around King Henry’s Walk and Newington Green. One victim was threatened with a knife and another was dragged along the floor. Both were carrying money for William Hill Bookmakers,
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Hackney’s robbery squad on 0207 275 3232, quoting reference number CR4608501/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home