Hackney betting shop workers attacked in broad daylight
Police in Hackney are appealing for witnesses after violent robbers targeted betting shop workers in broad daylight on three separate occasions.
A female employee had left William Hill Bookmakers in Shacklewell Lane, Dalston, to deposit cash from the venue at the post office in Stoke Newington Road at about 12.10pm on April 2 when two men attacked her from behind.
They punched her to the ground and made off with the money, running across Shacklewell Lane, north along Dunn Street, across Arcola Street and into Hindle House.
Both are is described as a black men, about 20 years old, and wearing black hooded jackets - one with pink detail on the hood.
Similar attacks took place around noon on May 7 and May 12 around King Henry’s Walk and Newington Green. One victim was threatened with a knife and another was dragged along the floor. Both were carrying money for William Hill Bookmakers,
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Hackney’s robbery squad on 0207 275 3232, quoting reference number CR4608501/11 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 6 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years