Hackney Church offers free car washes to Hackney drivers
- Credit: Holly Chant
A Hackney church is offering free car washes to Hackney residents every third Saturday of each month.
Volunteers from Christ Royal Church invite drivers whose cars need a good scrub to stop by the place of worship at Chatham Place at 1-3pm.
The car washes are free for all people living and working in the borough.
Communications Manager for Christ Royal Church, Ola Adegbenro, said: “ We want to show love and emphasise more on the community spirit, letting people know we are here to help them especially during this time of global pandemic where a lot of people may have been affected one way or the other.
“It is also our way of spreading hope and the love of God to those around us. There is no religious requirement for this, we just want to be a blessing to those in the borough.”
You may also want to watch:
The free car wash is part of a new initiative of giving back to the local community.
The church also gives out free Chrismas care packages every year which includes everything needed for a Christmas dinner including the turkey.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
The free car wash is a new initiative and will launch on August 22 at 25-27 Chatham Place.
Visit www.christroyalchurch.com for more information.