Hackney City Farm’s zero-packaging shop cheaper than Sainsbury’s
- Credit: Archant
Hackney City Farm’s zero-packaging farm shop is cheaper than Sainsbury’s across a range of healthy options.
Get Loose undercuts the supermarket for organic cashews, Brazil nuts, brown rice and dried mango by cost per kilogram.
Buying organic dried mango from Get Loose is almost £6 per kilogram cheaper than buying Sainsbury's non-organic dried mango.
Get Loose is a social enterprise run mainly by volunteers. It aims to sell zero-packaging foods which fit the criteria of being certified organic, certified fairtrade and cheaper than Sainsbury's Organic range. Where possible products are locally produced as well.
"Our current policy on pricing is that we want it to be fair," said founder Jacki Agnew, 27. "We want our shop to be able to be financially sustainable, pay a fair price to producers and a fair price be paid by our customers. We are still in our early days so our pricing structure is very much an experiment."
You may also want to watch:
Organic cashews are £2.50/kg cheaper. Buying organic Brazil nuts from Get Loose saves £8.60/kg compared with their Sainsbury's equivalent.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog