Hackney college graced with two Royal visits in one week
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Community College received two VIP visits last week, from Royalty interested in its links with Tech City and the opportunities there for young people.
Sweden’s Minister for Trade, Ewa Björling, joined HRH Crown Princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel at the college in Falkirk Street on Thursday.
“The creative and digital links between Sweden and the United Kingdom are becoming increasingly important in a globalised economy where competition for talent is fierce,” said Dr Björling.
“We share an interest in enhancing the networks that tie our countries together to support our creative industries.”
The delegation met with Principal Ian Ashman, college staff and a partner from digital agency Poke which implements the college’s tech apprenticeship programme, and heard from young people about their training.
You may also want to watch:
The day before, HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew enjoyed lunch at the college as part of a visit to thank a consortium of five London colleges and a group of employers for the invaluable role they are playing in the Evening Standard’s Ladder for London apprenticeship campaign.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"