Hackney college graced with two Royal visits in one week
- Credit: Archant
Hackney Community College received two VIP visits last week, from Royalty interested in its links with Tech City and the opportunities there for young people.
Sweden’s Minister for Trade, Ewa Björling, joined HRH Crown Princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel at the college in Falkirk Street on Thursday.
“The creative and digital links between Sweden and the United Kingdom are becoming increasingly important in a globalised economy where competition for talent is fierce,” said Dr Björling.
“We share an interest in enhancing the networks that tie our countries together to support our creative industries.”
The delegation met with Principal Ian Ashman, college staff and a partner from digital agency Poke which implements the college’s tech apprenticeship programme, and heard from young people about their training.
You may also want to watch:
The day before, HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew enjoyed lunch at the college as part of a visit to thank a consortium of five London colleges and a group of employers for the invaluable role they are playing in the Evening Standard’s Ladder for London apprenticeship campaign.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic