Hackney Community College to launch network of friends
Punk performers Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten, Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, Paralympian swimmer Dervis Konuralp, entrepreneur Sir Alan Sugar, and other local, successful community and business personalities… And you?
Hackney Community College is launching a network of ex-students and friends who are proud of their roots, and who may be willing to give information or support to other members or current students.
The network for the Shoreditch college based in Falkirk Street will be launched next Thursday (November 25) by ex-student, senior police officer Leroy Logan MBE.
Hackney Community College has been a central focus of the local community since around 1792, and has been known over the years as Shoreditch College, Hackney Technical College or Hackney Adult Ed, with campuses in Keltan House, Chelmer Road, Ayrsome Road, or Brooke House (before it became BSix).
Membership of the network is free, but includes benefits like discounts on training for businesses, gym membership, conference room hire and training facilities, as well as a discount in Open Kitchen bar and restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
To attend the launch party next Thursday (November 25) from 6.30pm-8.30pm, email HCCAlumni@hackney.ac.uk for an invitation.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition