Hackney Community College to launch network of friends
Punk performers Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten, Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, Paralympian swimmer Dervis Konuralp, entrepreneur Sir Alan Sugar, and other local, successful community and business personalities… And you?
Hackney Community College is launching a network of ex-students and friends who are proud of their roots, and who may be willing to give information or support to other members or current students.
The network for the Shoreditch college based in Falkirk Street will be launched next Thursday (November 25) by ex-student, senior police officer Leroy Logan MBE.
Hackney Community College has been a central focus of the local community since around 1792, and has been known over the years as Shoreditch College, Hackney Technical College or Hackney Adult Ed, with campuses in Keltan House, Chelmer Road, Ayrsome Road, or Brooke House (before it became BSix).
Membership of the network is free, but includes benefits like discounts on training for businesses, gym membership, conference room hire and training facilities, as well as a discount in Open Kitchen bar and restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
To attend the launch party next Thursday (November 25) from 6.30pm-8.30pm, email HCCAlumni@hackney.ac.uk for an invitation.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year