Hackney Community College to launch network of friends
Punk performers Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten, Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, Paralympian swimmer Dervis Konuralp, entrepreneur Sir Alan Sugar, and other local, successful community and business personalities… And you?
Hackney Community College is launching a network of ex-students and friends who are proud of their roots, and who may be willing to give information or support to other members or current students.
The network for the Shoreditch college based in Falkirk Street will be launched next Thursday (November 25) by ex-student, senior police officer Leroy Logan MBE.
Hackney Community College has been a central focus of the local community since around 1792, and has been known over the years as Shoreditch College, Hackney Technical College or Hackney Adult Ed, with campuses in Keltan House, Chelmer Road, Ayrsome Road, or Brooke House (before it became BSix).
Membership of the network is free, but includes benefits like discounts on training for businesses, gym membership, conference room hire and training facilities, as well as a discount in Open Kitchen bar and restaurant.
To attend the launch party next Thursday (November 25) from 6.30pm-8.30pm, email HCCAlumni@hackney.ac.uk for an invitation.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days