Hackney Community College to launch network of friends
Punk performers Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten, Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, Paralympian swimmer Dervis Konuralp, entrepreneur Sir Alan Sugar, and other local, successful community and business personalities… And you?
Hackney Community College is launching a network of ex-students and friends who are proud of their roots, and who may be willing to give information or support to other members or current students.
The network for the Shoreditch college based in Falkirk Street will be launched next Thursday (November 25) by ex-student, senior police officer Leroy Logan MBE.
Hackney Community College has been a central focus of the local community since around 1792, and has been known over the years as Shoreditch College, Hackney Technical College or Hackney Adult Ed, with campuses in Keltan House, Chelmer Road, Ayrsome Road, or Brooke House (before it became BSix).
Membership of the network is free, but includes benefits like discounts on training for businesses, gym membership, conference room hire and training facilities, as well as a discount in Open Kitchen bar and restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
To attend the launch party next Thursday (November 25) from 6.30pm-8.30pm, email HCCAlumni@hackney.ac.uk for an invitation.
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6