Hackney Community College with increase in top grades
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at Hackney Community College were celebrating yesterday after an imprerssive set of A-level results.
The college saw A* to B attainment up 15 percent from last year to 45pc, with a 100pc pass rate in nine subjects.
Students are now off to a range of universities across the country, with Menachem Mendel Cyprys landing a place at Cambridge university after scoring straight A*’s in his exams.
“I had great support from my tutors and teachers at Hackney Community College,” he said.
“Work hard, get good results and you can do it.”
And Hackney Community College principal Lois Fowler was quick to praise everyone involved:
“Congratulations to this year’s students for their hard work and success, and to the staff who have supported them,” she said.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 5 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 6 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 7 Illustrations capture a fresh view of Hackney
- 8 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 9 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
“As well as some very inspirational, high achieving students, it’s good to once again see 100% passes across so many of our subjects. I wish the class of 2016 all the very best as they progress to university or into great careers.”