Hackney Community College with increase in top grades
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at Hackney Community College were celebrating yesterday after an imprerssive set of A-level results.
The college saw A* to B attainment up 15 percent from last year to 45pc, with a 100pc pass rate in nine subjects.
Students are now off to a range of universities across the country, with Menachem Mendel Cyprys landing a place at Cambridge university after scoring straight A*’s in his exams.
“I had great support from my tutors and teachers at Hackney Community College,” he said.
“Work hard, get good results and you can do it.”
And Hackney Community College principal Lois Fowler was quick to praise everyone involved:
“Congratulations to this year’s students for their hard work and success, and to the staff who have supported them,” she said.
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 7 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 10 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
“As well as some very inspirational, high achieving students, it’s good to once again see 100% passes across so many of our subjects. I wish the class of 2016 all the very best as they progress to university or into great careers.”