Hackney Community College with increase in top grades
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at Hackney Community College were celebrating yesterday after an imprerssive set of A-level results.
The college saw A* to B attainment up 15 percent from last year to 45pc, with a 100pc pass rate in nine subjects.
Students are now off to a range of universities across the country, with Menachem Mendel Cyprys landing a place at Cambridge university after scoring straight A*’s in his exams.
“I had great support from my tutors and teachers at Hackney Community College,” he said.
“Work hard, get good results and you can do it.”
You may also want to watch:
And Hackney Community College principal Lois Fowler was quick to praise everyone involved:
“Congratulations to this year’s students for their hard work and success, and to the staff who have supported them,” she said.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
“As well as some very inspirational, high achieving students, it’s good to once again see 100% passes across so many of our subjects. I wish the class of 2016 all the very best as they progress to university or into great careers.”