Hackney Community College with increase in top grades
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at Hackney Community College were celebrating yesterday after an imprerssive set of A-level results.
The college saw A* to B attainment up 15 percent from last year to 45pc, with a 100pc pass rate in nine subjects.
Students are now off to a range of universities across the country, with Menachem Mendel Cyprys landing a place at Cambridge university after scoring straight A*’s in his exams.
“I had great support from my tutors and teachers at Hackney Community College,” he said.
“Work hard, get good results and you can do it.”
You may also want to watch:
And Hackney Community College principal Lois Fowler was quick to praise everyone involved:
“Congratulations to this year’s students for their hard work and success, and to the staff who have supported them,” she said.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
“As well as some very inspirational, high achieving students, it’s good to once again see 100% passes across so many of our subjects. I wish the class of 2016 all the very best as they progress to university or into great careers.”