Hackney Community College with increase in top grades
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at Hackney Community College were celebrating yesterday after an imprerssive set of A-level results.
The college saw A* to B attainment up 15 percent from last year to 45pc, with a 100pc pass rate in nine subjects.
Students are now off to a range of universities across the country, with Menachem Mendel Cyprys landing a place at Cambridge university after scoring straight A*’s in his exams.
“I had great support from my tutors and teachers at Hackney Community College,” he said.
“Work hard, get good results and you can do it.”
You may also want to watch:
And Hackney Community College principal Lois Fowler was quick to praise everyone involved:
“Congratulations to this year’s students for their hard work and success, and to the staff who have supported them,” she said.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
“As well as some very inspirational, high achieving students, it’s good to once again see 100% passes across so many of our subjects. I wish the class of 2016 all the very best as they progress to university or into great careers.”