Hackney community theatre group appeal to supporters and residents
- Credit: Archant
A well-known theatre group which helps young people from underprivileged backgrounds engage with theatre is appealing for donations.
The Immediate Theatre which is based in Springfield House, Tyssen Street in Dalston is asking big-hearted residents to contribute to their The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013.
The money raised will go towards producing the Woodberry Down community play which will provide an opportunity to for young people and
adult volunteers living in one of the most deprived areas of London to participate in free drama activities, developing skills and confidence.
Woodberry Down has long been an area of high deprivation and until regeneration started, provided 2,500 homes for to some of the poorest families in Britain. The project will unite the local community providing a positive focus for people of different backgrounds.
It will also culminate in a performance to celebrate the past present and future of Woodberry Down.
For every online donation that someone to The Woodberry Down project, innovative philanthropic trust The Big Give will support by donating ‘matching’ funds during an online giving week on December 5, 6 and 7.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
Therefore, every £1 donated will yield £2 towards the fundraising campaign.
n. Pledge online to the Immediate Theatre Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013 https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/20503 on December 5, 6 and 7 from 10am.