Hackney community theatre group appeal to supporters and residents
- Credit: Archant
A well-known theatre group which helps young people from underprivileged backgrounds engage with theatre is appealing for donations.
The Immediate Theatre which is based in Springfield House, Tyssen Street in Dalston is asking big-hearted residents to contribute to their The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013.
The money raised will go towards producing the Woodberry Down community play which will provide an opportunity to for young people and
adult volunteers living in one of the most deprived areas of London to participate in free drama activities, developing skills and confidence.
Woodberry Down has long been an area of high deprivation and until regeneration started, provided 2,500 homes for to some of the poorest families in Britain. The project will unite the local community providing a positive focus for people of different backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
It will also culminate in a performance to celebrate the past present and future of Woodberry Down.
For every online donation that someone to The Woodberry Down project, innovative philanthropic trust The Big Give will support by donating ‘matching’ funds during an online giving week on December 5, 6 and 7.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Therefore, every £1 donated will yield £2 towards the fundraising campaign.
n. Pledge online to the Immediate Theatre Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013 https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/20503 on December 5, 6 and 7 from 10am.