Hackney community theatre group appeal to supporters and residents
- Credit: Archant
A well-known theatre group which helps young people from underprivileged backgrounds engage with theatre is appealing for donations.
The Immediate Theatre which is based in Springfield House, Tyssen Street in Dalston is asking big-hearted residents to contribute to their The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013.
The money raised will go towards producing the Woodberry Down community play which will provide an opportunity to for young people and
adult volunteers living in one of the most deprived areas of London to participate in free drama activities, developing skills and confidence.
Woodberry Down has long been an area of high deprivation and until regeneration started, provided 2,500 homes for to some of the poorest families in Britain. The project will unite the local community providing a positive focus for people of different backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
It will also culminate in a performance to celebrate the past present and future of Woodberry Down.
For every online donation that someone to The Woodberry Down project, innovative philanthropic trust The Big Give will support by donating ‘matching’ funds during an online giving week on December 5, 6 and 7.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
Therefore, every £1 donated will yield £2 towards the fundraising campaign.
n. Pledge online to the Immediate Theatre Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013 https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/20503 on December 5, 6 and 7 from 10am.