Hackney community theatre group appeal to supporters and residents
- Credit: Archant
A well-known theatre group which helps young people from underprivileged backgrounds engage with theatre is appealing for donations.
The Immediate Theatre which is based in Springfield House, Tyssen Street in Dalston is asking big-hearted residents to contribute to their The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013.
The money raised will go towards producing the Woodberry Down community play which will provide an opportunity to for young people and
adult volunteers living in one of the most deprived areas of London to participate in free drama activities, developing skills and confidence.
Woodberry Down has long been an area of high deprivation and until regeneration started, provided 2,500 homes for to some of the poorest families in Britain. The project will unite the local community providing a positive focus for people of different backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
It will also culminate in a performance to celebrate the past present and future of Woodberry Down.
For every online donation that someone to The Woodberry Down project, innovative philanthropic trust The Big Give will support by donating ‘matching’ funds during an online giving week on December 5, 6 and 7.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Therefore, every £1 donated will yield £2 towards the fundraising campaign.
n. Pledge online to the Immediate Theatre Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013 https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/20503 on December 5, 6 and 7 from 10am.