Hackney community theatre group appeal to supporters and residents
- Credit: Archant
A well-known theatre group which helps young people from underprivileged backgrounds engage with theatre is appealing for donations.
The Immediate Theatre which is based in Springfield House, Tyssen Street in Dalston is asking big-hearted residents to contribute to their The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013.
The money raised will go towards producing the Woodberry Down community play which will provide an opportunity to for young people and
adult volunteers living in one of the most deprived areas of London to participate in free drama activities, developing skills and confidence.
Woodberry Down has long been an area of high deprivation and until regeneration started, provided 2,500 homes for to some of the poorest families in Britain. The project will unite the local community providing a positive focus for people of different backgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
It will also culminate in a performance to celebrate the past present and future of Woodberry Down.
For every online donation that someone to The Woodberry Down project, innovative philanthropic trust The Big Give will support by donating ‘matching’ funds during an online giving week on December 5, 6 and 7.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
Therefore, every £1 donated will yield £2 towards the fundraising campaign.
n. Pledge online to the Immediate Theatre Big Give Christmas Challenge 2013 https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/20503 on December 5, 6 and 7 from 10am.