Hackney cops don iceskates
Hackney Central Safer Neighbourhoods team was on hand to patrol the Winter Wonderland event in St John’s Churchyard Gardens in Lower Clapton Road, but ended up having some Christmas fun.
Officers entered into the Christmas spirit by donning skates and taking to the ice along with Hackney youngsters.
PC Tony Farrelly-Smith, from the Hackney Central Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: “This has given us the opportunity to meet and speak to so many children and adults.
“We are here to ensure their safety but also to show that we are approachable, friendly and there to help, when needed.”
The Hackney Winter Festival was took place on December 2 and was organised by the council , St John-at-Hackney Church, and shops and businesses in the Narrow Way.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about your local Safer Neighbourhoods team, please visit www.met.police.uk/hackney
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney