Hackney cops don iceskates
Hackney Central Safer Neighbourhoods team was on hand to patrol the Winter Wonderland event in St John’s Churchyard Gardens in Lower Clapton Road, but ended up having some Christmas fun.
Officers entered into the Christmas spirit by donning skates and taking to the ice along with Hackney youngsters.
PC Tony Farrelly-Smith, from the Hackney Central Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: “This has given us the opportunity to meet and speak to so many children and adults.
“We are here to ensure their safety but also to show that we are approachable, friendly and there to help, when needed.”
The Hackney Winter Festival was took place on December 2 and was organised by the council , St John-at-Hackney Church, and shops and businesses in the Narrow Way.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about your local Safer Neighbourhoods team, please visit www.met.police.uk/hackney
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London