Hackney cops don iceskates
Hackney Central Safer Neighbourhoods team was on hand to patrol the Winter Wonderland event in St John’s Churchyard Gardens in Lower Clapton Road, but ended up having some Christmas fun.
Officers entered into the Christmas spirit by donning skates and taking to the ice along with Hackney youngsters.
PC Tony Farrelly-Smith, from the Hackney Central Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: “This has given us the opportunity to meet and speak to so many children and adults.
“We are here to ensure their safety but also to show that we are approachable, friendly and there to help, when needed.”
The Hackney Winter Festival was took place on December 2 and was organised by the council , St John-at-Hackney Church, and shops and businesses in the Narrow Way.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about your local Safer Neighbourhoods team, please visit www.met.police.uk/hackney
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea