Hackney Council teams up with City Hall for scheme making solar panels easier and cheaper for homeowners
- Credit: Archant
Homeowners in Hackney are being urged to take advantage of a new scheme making it easier and cheaper to install solar panels.
The council has teamed up with the Greater London Authority (GLA) for Solar Together London - part of Sadiq Khan's Energy for Londoners programme.
It allows homeowners to buy collectively with other people across the capital.
The council has a Green Homes project, aiming to reduce fuel poverty and tackle the climate emergency while rapidly decarbonising the borough's buildings.
Environment chief Cllr Jon Burke said: "From cutting our carbon footprint in half by 2030, to establishing our own renewable and cleaner energy services company and using 100 per cent renewable electricity from April 2020 Hackney Council is doing everything it can to tackle the climate emergency.
You may also want to watch:
"A big part of this commitment is supporting and enabling our residents to boost local renewable energy generation and accelerate the shift to a zero carbon world, and we know many of our residents want the opportunity to reduce emissions in their home."
Homeowners can register their interest before October 22. They then wait for a personal recommendation from an approved provider.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses