Hackney Council wins two gold prizes at the regional National Apprenticeship Awards
- Credit: Kevin Gibson Photography
Hackney Council has won two prizes at the regional heat of this year’s National Apprenticeship Awards, meaning it will now go forward to the national final next month.
Hackney is the first council in the capital to win gold in both the 'large employer of the year' and 'recruitment excellence in the London region' categories, beating private and public competitors.
The council bagged the recruitment award based its outstanding achievement for employing a diverse range of apprentices to its programme.
Since the apprenticeship scheme launched in 2016, it has hired 150 apprentices, many of whom have chosen to stay on and pursue a career with the council.
The council's employment chief, Cllr Carole Williams, said: "Winning both these awards is a testament to our determination to provide a nurturing and successful apprenticeship programme, and I am delighted we have won, as it gives the scheme the national recognition it deserves.
You may also want to watch:
"We have one of the most inclusive apprenticeship schemes in the country and I am truly proud that our apprentices have the skills, experience and qualifications to flourish in their roles and their careers thereafter."
To see live vacancies visit: hackneyworks.hackney.gov.uk/apprenticeships.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images