Hackney couple run Brighton Marathon for Katie Pipers charity, the budding model and actress disfigured in rape and acid attack
A couple from Hackney Wick raised nearly �1,000 for a charity supporting burn and scar victims after running the Brighton Marathon.
Richard and Rachael Prior from Eastway clocked up 26 miles each, despite an old knee injury flaring up for Richard.
The �965 they raised will go to the Katie Piper Foundation, set up by a model and budding TV presenter who was left with severe facial disfigurement in 2008 after becoming was the victim of a rape and acid attack.
After pioneering surgery she was able to overcome the feeling she was a ‘burns victim,” recovering both physically and mentally, and went on to set up the charity to support others to live with disfigurement.
“We chose to raise money for the KPF as Katie is an inspiring person and having learned more about the work she wants the trust to do, we felt we could help out and will look to continue doing so,” said 36-year old Rich.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the foundation, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/richandrach
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic