Hackney couple run Brighton Marathon for Katie Pipers charity, the budding model and actress disfigured in rape and acid attack
A couple from Hackney Wick raised nearly �1,000 for a charity supporting burn and scar victims after running the Brighton Marathon.
Richard and Rachael Prior from Eastway clocked up 26 miles each, despite an old knee injury flaring up for Richard.
The �965 they raised will go to the Katie Piper Foundation, set up by a model and budding TV presenter who was left with severe facial disfigurement in 2008 after becoming was the victim of a rape and acid attack.
After pioneering surgery she was able to overcome the feeling she was a ‘burns victim,” recovering both physically and mentally, and went on to set up the charity to support others to live with disfigurement.
“We chose to raise money for the KPF as Katie is an inspiring person and having learned more about the work she wants the trust to do, we felt we could help out and will look to continue doing so,” said 36-year old Rich.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the foundation, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/richandrach
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields