Hackney couple run Brighton Marathon for Katie Pipers charity, the budding model and actress disfigured in rape and acid attack
A couple from Hackney Wick raised nearly �1,000 for a charity supporting burn and scar victims after running the Brighton Marathon.
Richard and Rachael Prior from Eastway clocked up 26 miles each, despite an old knee injury flaring up for Richard.
The �965 they raised will go to the Katie Piper Foundation, set up by a model and budding TV presenter who was left with severe facial disfigurement in 2008 after becoming was the victim of a rape and acid attack.
After pioneering surgery she was able to overcome the feeling she was a ‘burns victim,” recovering both physically and mentally, and went on to set up the charity to support others to live with disfigurement.
“We chose to raise money for the KPF as Katie is an inspiring person and having learned more about the work she wants the trust to do, we felt we could help out and will look to continue doing so,” said 36-year old Rich.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the foundation, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/richandrach
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London