Hackney Cycling Conference: What to expect
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 speakers will discuss everything to do with cycling tomorrow at the annual Hackney Cycling Conference.
The event will focus on how London is planning for a car-free city centre, the implications on cycling of autonomous vehicles and how data can be used to improve planning for journeys.
A mix of professionals, campaigners and politicians will speak, including experts from the international, national and local grassroots level.
Keynote speeches will come from Rune Gjos, director of the Agency for Bicycling in Oslo and Dr Robin Lovelace, from the school of Geography at the Universtiy of Leeds.
There will also be Q&A sessions and films covering diverse topics. They include pedestrians’ and cyclists’ experience of sharing spaces, winning business support for cycling infrastructure and the false dichotomy of cycle training versus cycle infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
The first 60 guests will get free valet bike parking and a free bike service, provided by Cyclehoop and Cycle Confident.
The event runs from 9.30am to 5pm at the Hackney Picturehouse. Tickets start at £40 including lunch and be bought at eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods