Hackney Cycling Conference: What to expect
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 speakers will discuss everything to do with cycling tomorrow at the annual Hackney Cycling Conference.
The event will focus on how London is planning for a car-free city centre, the implications on cycling of autonomous vehicles and how data can be used to improve planning for journeys.
A mix of professionals, campaigners and politicians will speak, including experts from the international, national and local grassroots level.
Keynote speeches will come from Rune Gjos, director of the Agency for Bicycling in Oslo and Dr Robin Lovelace, from the school of Geography at the Universtiy of Leeds.
There will also be Q&A sessions and films covering diverse topics. They include pedestrians’ and cyclists’ experience of sharing spaces, winning business support for cycling infrastructure and the false dichotomy of cycle training versus cycle infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
The first 60 guests will get free valet bike parking and a free bike service, provided by Cyclehoop and Cycle Confident.
The event runs from 9.30am to 5pm at the Hackney Picturehouse. Tickets start at £40 including lunch and be bought at eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors