Hackney Cycling Conference: What to expect
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 speakers will discuss everything to do with cycling tomorrow at the annual Hackney Cycling Conference.
The event will focus on how London is planning for a car-free city centre, the implications on cycling of autonomous vehicles and how data can be used to improve planning for journeys.
A mix of professionals, campaigners and politicians will speak, including experts from the international, national and local grassroots level.
Keynote speeches will come from Rune Gjos, director of the Agency for Bicycling in Oslo and Dr Robin Lovelace, from the school of Geography at the Universtiy of Leeds.
There will also be Q&A sessions and films covering diverse topics. They include pedestrians’ and cyclists’ experience of sharing spaces, winning business support for cycling infrastructure and the false dichotomy of cycle training versus cycle infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
The first 60 guests will get free valet bike parking and a free bike service, provided by Cyclehoop and Cycle Confident.
The event runs from 9.30am to 5pm at the Hackney Picturehouse. Tickets start at £40 including lunch and be bought at eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"