Hackney cyclist Beth joins Dermot O’Leary and Edith Bowman in cycling promo
Events organiser Beth in the saddle for TfL video
A KEEN Haggerston cyclist is currently starring alongside British celebrities in an online video promoting bike travel in London.
Beth Everand, 24, features in one of five short films on the Transport for London website.
The events organiser of Kent Street is one of three Londoners to tell viewers why they enjoy cycling so much.
Radio One DJ Edith Bowman and X-Factor presenter Dermot O’Leary also appear in their own films, while a sixth is set to be screened in cinemas.
You may also want to watch:
Beth, who had not done any filming before, got involved through the TfL website and spent a day with a film crew around Hackney Road and Shoreditch.
“It was a beautiful day and really good fun,” she said.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
“I didn’t have to learn any lines - they just wanted me to talk about why I liked cycling.”
She said cycling was cheaper, it improved her fitness and it helped her get to know the capital.
To watch Beth’s video, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/cycling.