Hackney cyclist Beth joins Dermot O’Leary and Edith Bowman in cycling promo
Events organiser Beth in the saddle for TfL video
A KEEN Haggerston cyclist is currently starring alongside British celebrities in an online video promoting bike travel in London.
Beth Everand, 24, features in one of five short films on the Transport for London website.
The events organiser of Kent Street is one of three Londoners to tell viewers why they enjoy cycling so much.
Radio One DJ Edith Bowman and X-Factor presenter Dermot O’Leary also appear in their own films, while a sixth is set to be screened in cinemas.
You may also want to watch:
Beth, who had not done any filming before, got involved through the TfL website and spent a day with a film crew around Hackney Road and Shoreditch.
“It was a beautiful day and really good fun,” she said.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Days left to register to vote in May elections
“I didn’t have to learn any lines - they just wanted me to talk about why I liked cycling.”
She said cycling was cheaper, it improved her fitness and it helped her get to know the capital.
To watch Beth’s video, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/cycling.