Hackney cyclist Beth joins Dermot O’Leary and Edith Bowman in cycling promo
Events organiser Beth in the saddle for TfL video
A KEEN Haggerston cyclist is currently starring alongside British celebrities in an online video promoting bike travel in London.
Beth Everand, 24, features in one of five short films on the Transport for London website.
The events organiser of Kent Street is one of three Londoners to tell viewers why they enjoy cycling so much.
Radio One DJ Edith Bowman and X-Factor presenter Dermot O’Leary also appear in their own films, while a sixth is set to be screened in cinemas.
You may also want to watch:
Beth, who had not done any filming before, got involved through the TfL website and spent a day with a film crew around Hackney Road and Shoreditch.
“It was a beautiful day and really good fun,” she said.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
“I didn’t have to learn any lines - they just wanted me to talk about why I liked cycling.”
She said cycling was cheaper, it improved her fitness and it helped her get to know the capital.
To watch Beth’s video, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/cycling.