Hackney cyclist films policewoman appearing to use phone at the wheel
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney cyclist caught a policewoman who appears to be holding a mobile phone up to her mouth as she waited at traffic lights in east London.
The vigilante rider, Junaid McClymont, was cycling past the lights when he captured the footageon his GoPro camera while shouting: “I just caught you on camera.”
The video went viral after it was shared on Youtube.
A Met spokesman said: “The majority of police personnel in Hackney borough work extremely hard and to the highest standards of professionalism to keep our communities safe.
“When officers or staff fall short of these high standards, it is absolutely right that it is brought to our attention.
You may also want to watch:
“Senior officers at Hackney have been made aware of this particular incident and will take the appropriate action.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse