Hackney cyclist films policewoman appearing to use phone at the wheel
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney cyclist caught a policewoman who appears to be holding a mobile phone up to her mouth as she waited at traffic lights in east London.
The vigilante rider, Junaid McClymont, was cycling past the lights when he captured the footageon his GoPro camera while shouting: “I just caught you on camera.”
The video went viral after it was shared on Youtube.
A Met spokesman said: “The majority of police personnel in Hackney borough work extremely hard and to the highest standards of professionalism to keep our communities safe.
“When officers or staff fall short of these high standards, it is absolutely right that it is brought to our attention.
You may also want to watch:
“Senior officers at Hackney have been made aware of this particular incident and will take the appropriate action.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12