Hackney cyclist films policewoman appearing to use phone at the wheel
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney cyclist caught a policewoman who appears to be holding a mobile phone up to her mouth as she waited at traffic lights in east London.
The vigilante rider, Junaid McClymont, was cycling past the lights when he captured the footageon his GoPro camera while shouting: “I just caught you on camera.”
The video went viral after it was shared on Youtube.
A Met spokesman said: “The majority of police personnel in Hackney borough work extremely hard and to the highest standards of professionalism to keep our communities safe.
“When officers or staff fall short of these high standards, it is absolutely right that it is brought to our attention.
You may also want to watch:
“Senior officers at Hackney have been made aware of this particular incident and will take the appropriate action.”
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 9 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site