Hackney cyclist still in hospital after Old Street crash
A Hackney cyclist is still recovering in hospital this week after being seriously injured in a collision with a tipper truck at the Old Street roundabout in Shoreditch last Thursday morning (February 24).
Paramedics treated the Hackney woman after the crash, which happened shortly before 7.45am.
The 39-year-old, who lives in Homerton, suffered a fractured ankle and severe facial and shoulder injuries and is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Fears that her life was in danger have receded and she is now expected to make a full recovery. But doctors do not yet know when she will be discharged.
Officers from the Met’s traffic department are investigating. No-one has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has information which could help police should call 020 8998 5319.
To join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign, go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 4 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention