Hackney cyclist still in hospital after Old Street crash
A Hackney cyclist is still recovering in hospital this week after being seriously injured in a collision with a tipper truck at the Old Street roundabout in Shoreditch last Thursday morning (February 24).
Paramedics treated the Hackney woman after the crash, which happened shortly before 7.45am.
The 39-year-old, who lives in Homerton, suffered a fractured ankle and severe facial and shoulder injuries and is being treated at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Fears that her life was in danger have receded and she is now expected to make a full recovery. But doctors do not yet know when she will be discharged.
Officers from the Met’s traffic department are investigating. No-one has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has information which could help police should call 020 8998 5319.
To join the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign, go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images