Hackney Design Awards: Nominate your favourite building
- Credit: Archant
Always liked that building down the road with the innovative design? Well now’s your chance to help it be recognised.
Hackney Council is asking for submissions for its biennial Design Awards from architects, homeowners and visitors.
The best residential, commercial, community, educational and industrial buildings will be rewarded, as can extensions, conversions and restorations.
Entries will be shortlisted and judged by an independent panel of architects and urban design experts with the winners announced later this year.
To be eligible for an award, buildings or projects must have been completed and of use in the last two years (since August 2014) and must be in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
Regeneration boss Cllr Guy Nicholson said the awards will recognise the contribution that good design makes to people’s quality of life.
David Mikhail, from Mikhail Riches architects and one of the winners from the last Hackney Design Awards in 2014, said: “It was a fantastic experience to plan, build, and now live in Hackney. For architecture to be encouraged by the council in this way and to make buildings we can all be proud of is terrific.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
To make a nomination visit hackney.gov.uk/hda, email email@example.com or call 0208 356 2385 before July 18.