Hackney Design Awards: Nominate your favourite building
- Credit: Archant
Always liked that building down the road with the innovative design? Well now’s your chance to help it be recognised.
Hackney Council is asking for submissions for its biennial Design Awards from architects, homeowners and visitors.
The best residential, commercial, community, educational and industrial buildings will be rewarded, as can extensions, conversions and restorations.
Entries will be shortlisted and judged by an independent panel of architects and urban design experts with the winners announced later this year.
To be eligible for an award, buildings or projects must have been completed and of use in the last two years (since August 2014) and must be in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
Regeneration boss Cllr Guy Nicholson said the awards will recognise the contribution that good design makes to people’s quality of life.
David Mikhail, from Mikhail Riches architects and one of the winners from the last Hackney Design Awards in 2014, said: “It was a fantastic experience to plan, build, and now live in Hackney. For architecture to be encouraged by the council in this way and to make buildings we can all be proud of is terrific.”
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
To make a nomination visit hackney.gov.uk/hda, email email@example.com or call 0208 356 2385 before July 18.