Hackney Design Awards: Nominate your favourite building
- Credit: Archant
Always liked that building down the road with the innovative design? Well now’s your chance to help it be recognised.
Hackney Council is asking for submissions for its biennial Design Awards from architects, homeowners and visitors.
The best residential, commercial, community, educational and industrial buildings will be rewarded, as can extensions, conversions and restorations.
Entries will be shortlisted and judged by an independent panel of architects and urban design experts with the winners announced later this year.
To be eligible for an award, buildings or projects must have been completed and of use in the last two years (since August 2014) and must be in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
Regeneration boss Cllr Guy Nicholson said the awards will recognise the contribution that good design makes to people’s quality of life.
David Mikhail, from Mikhail Riches architects and one of the winners from the last Hackney Design Awards in 2014, said: “It was a fantastic experience to plan, build, and now live in Hackney. For architecture to be encouraged by the council in this way and to make buildings we can all be proud of is terrific.”
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
To make a nomination visit hackney.gov.uk/hda, email email@example.com or call 0208 356 2385 before July 18.