Hackney Design Awards: Nominate your favourite building
- Credit: Archant
Always liked that building down the road with the innovative design? Well now’s your chance to help it be recognised.
Hackney Council is asking for submissions for its biennial Design Awards from architects, homeowners and visitors.
The best residential, commercial, community, educational and industrial buildings will be rewarded, as can extensions, conversions and restorations.
Entries will be shortlisted and judged by an independent panel of architects and urban design experts with the winners announced later this year.
To be eligible for an award, buildings or projects must have been completed and of use in the last two years (since August 2014) and must be in the borough.
Regeneration boss Cllr Guy Nicholson said the awards will recognise the contribution that good design makes to people’s quality of life.
David Mikhail, from Mikhail Riches architects and one of the winners from the last Hackney Design Awards in 2014, said: “It was a fantastic experience to plan, build, and now live in Hackney. For architecture to be encouraged by the council in this way and to make buildings we can all be proud of is terrific.”
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 9 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
To make a nomination visit hackney.gov.uk/hda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 356 2385 before July 18.