Hackney doorstep killing of Gulistan Subasi - murder jury out
The jury is out in the trial of a schoolboy hitman who is accused of gunning down a Turkish mother on a Hackney doorstep for �200.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the 15-year-old boy in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, on March 22 last year, the Old Bailey has heard.
Jurors were told that her estranged husband Serdar Ozbek took out a contract on her life after they became embroiled in a bitter custody over their nine-year-old son.
The accused boy, who is now 16, is said to have been recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
All three are accused of Ms Subasi’s murder alongside Leigh Bryan, from Hornsey, who is claimed to have given the teenager a safe house, and Paul Nicoloau, from Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors heard Ms Subasi was shot dead after she answered her mother’s door.
The mother-of-one lived in Turkey but was in England to celebrate her son’s birthday.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
All five in the dock deny murder.