Hackney doorstep killing of Gulistan Subasi - murder jury out
The jury is out in the trial of a schoolboy hitman who is accused of gunning down a Turkish mother on a Hackney doorstep for �200.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the 15-year-old boy in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, on March 22 last year, the Old Bailey has heard.
Jurors were told that her estranged husband Serdar Ozbek took out a contract on her life after they became embroiled in a bitter custody over their nine-year-old son.
The accused boy, who is now 16, is said to have been recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
All three are accused of Ms Subasi’s murder alongside Leigh Bryan, from Hornsey, who is claimed to have given the teenager a safe house, and Paul Nicoloau, from Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors heard Ms Subasi was shot dead after she answered her mother’s door.
The mother-of-one lived in Turkey but was in England to celebrate her son’s birthday.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
All five in the dock deny murder.