Hackney doorstep killing of Gulistan Subasi - murder jury out
The jury is out in the trial of a schoolboy hitman who is accused of gunning down a Turkish mother on a Hackney doorstep for �200.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the 15-year-old boy in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, on March 22 last year, the Old Bailey has heard.
Jurors were told that her estranged husband Serdar Ozbek took out a contract on her life after they became embroiled in a bitter custody over their nine-year-old son.
The accused boy, who is now 16, is said to have been recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
All three are accused of Ms Subasi’s murder alongside Leigh Bryan, from Hornsey, who is claimed to have given the teenager a safe house, and Paul Nicoloau, from Tottenham.
Jurors heard Ms Subasi was shot dead after she answered her mother’s door.
The mother-of-one lived in Turkey but was in England to celebrate her son’s birthday.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
All five in the dock deny murder.