Hackney doorstep killing of Gulistan Subasi - murder jury out
The jury is out in the trial of a schoolboy hitman who is accused of gunning down a Turkish mother on a Hackney doorstep for �200.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the 15-year-old boy in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, on March 22 last year, the Old Bailey has heard.
Jurors were told that her estranged husband Serdar Ozbek took out a contract on her life after they became embroiled in a bitter custody over their nine-year-old son.
The accused boy, who is now 16, is said to have been recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
All three are accused of Ms Subasi’s murder alongside Leigh Bryan, from Hornsey, who is claimed to have given the teenager a safe house, and Paul Nicoloau, from Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors heard Ms Subasi was shot dead after she answered her mother’s door.
The mother-of-one lived in Turkey but was in England to celebrate her son’s birthday.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
All five in the dock deny murder.