Hackney Downs nut butter brand Pip and Nut in line to scoop top award
- Credit: Archant
A woman whose nut butter products have spread across the country’s stores in little more than a year could top off her success with a national business award.
Pip Murray, 28, launched all natural food brand Pip and Nut in January 2015 and has well and truly cracked the market.
Her selection of spreads, which includes coconut almond butter, cashew butter and of course peanut butter, are now stocked at more than 2,500 shops nationwide.
And next month she will learn whether she has scooped the Nectar Small Business Award for Innovation of the Year.
It all started about three years ago for running nut Pip, who was fed up of eating products packed with palm oils and sugars.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to run a lot of marathons,” she told the Gazette. “Peanut butter on toast was my post-running treat but I didn’t think it was done particularly well.
“I was working at the science museum so to start up a company was the polar opposite.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
A lot of hard work was done and a lot of emails were sent but Pip and Nut began to get recognised and the eight-strong team at Hackney Downs Studios in Amhurst Road is now reaping the rewards.
“It helps having a product that is really on trend,” Pip added. “It’s lovely to get recognised for what we are doing. We’ve grown really quickly as a brand so we’ve spent quite a lot of time managing that growth. It’s nice to take a step back and allow ourselves time to reflect.”
If successful, Pip and Nut will pick up 2,000 and an invitation to the round table event and awards ceremony.
Buy Pip’s product at pipandnut.com.