Hackney Downs nut butter brand Pip and Nut in line to scoop top award
- Credit: Archant
A woman whose nut butter products have spread across the country’s stores in little more than a year could top off her success with a national business award.
Pip Murray, 28, launched all natural food brand Pip and Nut in January 2015 and has well and truly cracked the market.
Her selection of spreads, which includes coconut almond butter, cashew butter and of course peanut butter, are now stocked at more than 2,500 shops nationwide.
And next month she will learn whether she has scooped the Nectar Small Business Award for Innovation of the Year.
It all started about three years ago for running nut Pip, who was fed up of eating products packed with palm oils and sugars.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to run a lot of marathons,” she told the Gazette. “Peanut butter on toast was my post-running treat but I didn’t think it was done particularly well.
“I was working at the science museum so to start up a company was the polar opposite.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
A lot of hard work was done and a lot of emails were sent but Pip and Nut began to get recognised and the eight-strong team at Hackney Downs Studios in Amhurst Road is now reaping the rewards.
“It helps having a product that is really on trend,” Pip added. “It’s lovely to get recognised for what we are doing. We’ve grown really quickly as a brand so we’ve spent quite a lot of time managing that growth. It’s nice to take a step back and allow ourselves time to reflect.”
If successful, Pip and Nut will pick up 2,000 and an invitation to the round table event and awards ceremony.
Buy Pip’s product at pipandnut.com.