Hackney Downs nut butter brand Pip and Nut in line to scoop top award
- Credit: Archant
A woman whose nut butter products have spread across the country’s stores in little more than a year could top off her success with a national business award.
Pip Murray, 28, launched all natural food brand Pip and Nut in January 2015 and has well and truly cracked the market.
Her selection of spreads, which includes coconut almond butter, cashew butter and of course peanut butter, are now stocked at more than 2,500 shops nationwide.
And next month she will learn whether she has scooped the Nectar Small Business Award for Innovation of the Year.
It all started about three years ago for running nut Pip, who was fed up of eating products packed with palm oils and sugars.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to run a lot of marathons,” she told the Gazette. “Peanut butter on toast was my post-running treat but I didn’t think it was done particularly well.
“I was working at the science museum so to start up a company was the polar opposite.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
A lot of hard work was done and a lot of emails were sent but Pip and Nut began to get recognised and the eight-strong team at Hackney Downs Studios in Amhurst Road is now reaping the rewards.
“It helps having a product that is really on trend,” Pip added. “It’s lovely to get recognised for what we are doing. We’ve grown really quickly as a brand so we’ve spent quite a lot of time managing that growth. It’s nice to take a step back and allow ourselves time to reflect.”
If successful, Pip and Nut will pick up 2,000 and an invitation to the round table event and awards ceremony.
Buy Pip’s product at pipandnut.com.