Hackney Downs Station closed in morning after injured man found
Transport police investigate.
A MAN is in a serious condition in hospital after falling down a flight of stairs at Hackney Downs train station and hitting his head.
The man, in his 30s from Hackney, was going down a flight of stairs at around 12.20am when he stumbled and fell.
Early reports indicate the man was returning from a night out and may have had too mcuh to drink.
Ambulance crews and police were called and the man was rushed to the Royal London Hospital where he is being treated for a serious head injury.
You may also want to watch:
The station was closed at 12.30am as officers from British Transport Police investigated but re-opened at around 7.30am.
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers are now satisfied there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident which is being treated as an accident.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
“It is believed the man, who was on his own, stumbled and fell as he climbed the stairs at the station.”