Hackney Downs Station closed in morning after injured man found
Transport police investigate.
A MAN is in a serious condition in hospital after falling down a flight of stairs at Hackney Downs train station and hitting his head.
The man, in his 30s from Hackney, was going down a flight of stairs at around 12.20am when he stumbled and fell.
Early reports indicate the man was returning from a night out and may have had too mcuh to drink.
Ambulance crews and police were called and the man was rushed to the Royal London Hospital where he is being treated for a serious head injury.
The station was closed at 12.30am as officers from British Transport Police investigated but re-opened at around 7.30am.
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers are now satisfied there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident which is being treated as an accident.
- 1 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 2 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 3 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 4 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 5 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 6 'Time for change': Hackney Mayor on re-election plans
- 7 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 10 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
“It is believed the man, who was on his own, stumbled and fell as he climbed the stairs at the station.”