Hackney Downs Station closed in morning after injured man found
Transport police investigate.
A MAN is in a serious condition in hospital after falling down a flight of stairs at Hackney Downs train station and hitting his head.
The man, in his 30s from Hackney, was going down a flight of stairs at around 12.20am when he stumbled and fell.
Early reports indicate the man was returning from a night out and may have had too mcuh to drink.
Ambulance crews and police were called and the man was rushed to the Royal London Hospital where he is being treated for a serious head injury.
You may also want to watch:
The station was closed at 12.30am as officers from British Transport Police investigated but re-opened at around 7.30am.
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers are now satisfied there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident which is being treated as an accident.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“It is believed the man, who was on his own, stumbled and fell as he climbed the stairs at the station.”