Hackney Downs Station closed in morning after injured man found
Transport police investigate.
A MAN is in a serious condition in hospital after falling down a flight of stairs at Hackney Downs train station and hitting his head.
The man, in his 30s from Hackney, was going down a flight of stairs at around 12.20am when he stumbled and fell.
Early reports indicate the man was returning from a night out and may have had too mcuh to drink.
Ambulance crews and police were called and the man was rushed to the Royal London Hospital where he is being treated for a serious head injury.
You may also want to watch:
The station was closed at 12.30am as officers from British Transport Police investigated but re-opened at around 7.30am.
A BTP spokesman said: “Officers are now satisfied there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident which is being treated as an accident.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 9 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
“It is believed the man, who was on his own, stumbled and fell as he climbed the stairs at the station.”