Hackney Film Festival calls for submissions
Following in the footsteps of the East End Film Festival, film fanatics will be happy to hear Hackney’s very own showcase is open for submissions.
Hackney Film Festival is calling all budding film makers to submit their work for the chance for it to be screened as part of the third annual festival from September 7-9.
Films can be of any length and genre, including documentary, music videos, animated films and live cinema performances.
The only rule is that the filmmaker is Hackney-based but writers, directors, producers and performing artists are also eligible.
Run by a collective of Hackney filmmakers and artists, it is a not-for-profit festival, aiming to create a rich film culture in the area and showcase artists’ work to a wider audience.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions are open until 5pm on July 27 at http://hackneyfilmfestival.com/
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing