Hackney Film Festival calls for submissions
Following in the footsteps of the East End Film Festival, film fanatics will be happy to hear Hackney’s very own showcase is open for submissions.
Hackney Film Festival is calling all budding film makers to submit their work for the chance for it to be screened as part of the third annual festival from September 7-9.
Films can be of any length and genre, including documentary, music videos, animated films and live cinema performances.
The only rule is that the filmmaker is Hackney-based but writers, directors, producers and performing artists are also eligible.
Run by a collective of Hackney filmmakers and artists, it is a not-for-profit festival, aiming to create a rich film culture in the area and showcase artists’ work to a wider audience.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions are open until 5pm on July 27 at http://hackneyfilmfestival.com/
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school