Hackney Film Festival calls for submissions
Following in the footsteps of the East End Film Festival, film fanatics will be happy to hear Hackney’s very own showcase is open for submissions.
Hackney Film Festival is calling all budding film makers to submit their work for the chance for it to be screened as part of the third annual festival from September 7-9.
Films can be of any length and genre, including documentary, music videos, animated films and live cinema performances.
The only rule is that the filmmaker is Hackney-based but writers, directors, producers and performing artists are also eligible.
Run by a collective of Hackney filmmakers and artists, it is a not-for-profit festival, aiming to create a rich film culture in the area and showcase artists’ work to a wider audience.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions are open until 5pm on July 27 at http://hackneyfilmfestival.com/
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week