Hackney gal Lotte Mullan’s lifestory snapped up by Elton John for feature length movie
A previously unknown songstress from Hackney will see her life depicted on the big screen with the help of Sir Elton John.
Lotte Mullan always dreamed of being a musician, and her journey into the business will be depicted by production company Rocket Pictures, which is owned by the Yellow Brick Road crooner.
The film will be based on the 27-year old’s blog which went viral, about her experience in the music industry when she was a work experience girl for Warner Bros Records.
Lotte, who lives in Old Street, described rejection, inappropriate touching, awkward sweaty hugs, the perils of social networking, living in cold, damp-ridden bedsits, being plucked, pumped and primed and men relieving themselves in bottles next to her.
“My original dream was for the big recording contract, but real life experience can really shatter the dream,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I never imagined that my blog would be discovered instead.”
Lotte released her debut album ‘Plain Jane’ last week and it has already received critical praise, while her version of Labi Siffre’s ‘It Must Be Love’ has been handpicked by LOVEFiLM to soundtrack their current TV advert.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes