Hackney gal Lotte Mullan’s lifestory snapped up by Elton John for feature length movie
A previously unknown songstress from Hackney will see her life depicted on the big screen with the help of Sir Elton John.
Lotte Mullan always dreamed of being a musician, and her journey into the business will be depicted by production company Rocket Pictures, which is owned by the Yellow Brick Road crooner.
The film will be based on the 27-year old’s blog which went viral, about her experience in the music industry when she was a work experience girl for Warner Bros Records.
Lotte, who lives in Old Street, described rejection, inappropriate touching, awkward sweaty hugs, the perils of social networking, living in cold, damp-ridden bedsits, being plucked, pumped and primed and men relieving themselves in bottles next to her.
“My original dream was for the big recording contract, but real life experience can really shatter the dream,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I never imagined that my blog would be discovered instead.”
Lotte released her debut album ‘Plain Jane’ last week and it has already received critical praise, while her version of Labi Siffre’s ‘It Must Be Love’ has been handpicked by LOVEFiLM to soundtrack their current TV advert.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse