Hackney gal Lotte Mullan’s lifestory snapped up by Elton John for feature length movie
A previously unknown songstress from Hackney will see her life depicted on the big screen with the help of Sir Elton John.
Lotte Mullan always dreamed of being a musician, and her journey into the business will be depicted by production company Rocket Pictures, which is owned by the Yellow Brick Road crooner.
The film will be based on the 27-year old’s blog which went viral, about her experience in the music industry when she was a work experience girl for Warner Bros Records.
Lotte, who lives in Old Street, described rejection, inappropriate touching, awkward sweaty hugs, the perils of social networking, living in cold, damp-ridden bedsits, being plucked, pumped and primed and men relieving themselves in bottles next to her.
“My original dream was for the big recording contract, but real life experience can really shatter the dream,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I never imagined that my blog would be discovered instead.”
Lotte released her debut album ‘Plain Jane’ last week and it has already received critical praise, while her version of Labi Siffre’s ‘It Must Be Love’ has been handpicked by LOVEFiLM to soundtrack their current TV advert.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia