Hackney gal Lotte Mullan’s lifestory snapped up by Elton John for feature length movie
A previously unknown songstress from Hackney will see her life depicted on the big screen with the help of Sir Elton John.
Lotte Mullan always dreamed of being a musician, and her journey into the business will be depicted by production company Rocket Pictures, which is owned by the Yellow Brick Road crooner.
The film will be based on the 27-year old’s blog which went viral, about her experience in the music industry when she was a work experience girl for Warner Bros Records.
Lotte, who lives in Old Street, described rejection, inappropriate touching, awkward sweaty hugs, the perils of social networking, living in cold, damp-ridden bedsits, being plucked, pumped and primed and men relieving themselves in bottles next to her.
“My original dream was for the big recording contract, but real life experience can really shatter the dream,” she said.
“I never imagined that my blog would be discovered instead.”
Lotte released her debut album ‘Plain Jane’ last week and it has already received critical praise, while her version of Labi Siffre’s ‘It Must Be Love’ has been handpicked by LOVEFiLM to soundtrack their current TV advert.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 6 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown